XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-06-2016, 11:11 AM   #1
XX5Monster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5M

Dyno question

I have an appointment to get my M on a Mustang Dyno and they asked me if there are any tow hooks and if it's able to stay in one gear or if they have to trigger the shifts. I told them about the 3 driving modes with one being manual and he still wasn't sure if it would so do any of you know the answers to these questions or how they should do it to get the best results?
      07-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
Creamo3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX5Monster View Post
I have an appointment to get my M on a Mustang Dyno and they asked me if there are any tow hooks and if it's able to stay in one gear or if they have to trigger the shifts. I told them about the 3 driving modes with one being manual and he still wasn't sure if it would so do any of you know the answers to these questions or how they should do it to get the best results?
When I dyno'd the truck we put it in manual mode and then shifted to 4th gear, it will hold the gear without shifting. I don't think they strapped to tow hooks and instead wrapped the tie downs around the control arms I believe. They may have to run with the hood closed as well if I recall correctly.