XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
DetailsIM
Registered
Rep
Drives: In between

Looking at a '08 X5 3.0. Reliability?

The one I am looking at has 61k on the clock and is a CPO. I don't drive that much (11k or so a year). How has the reliability been with your X5's?

Some specs:
- Cold weather pkg
- Premium pkg
- Tech pkg

CPO 2 yrs, 39k and that includes free maintenance during that time as well.

Dealer is asking $32,9xx for the vehicle.

TYIA.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
jhilly8982
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Are you sure it includes free maintenance? I could be wrong, but that is not covered under CPO.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
DetailsIM
Registered
Rep
Drives: In between

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilly8982 View Post
Are you sure it includes free maintenance? I could be wrong, but that is not covered under CPO.
That's what the gentleman said. Wife and I are going tomorrow morning to really look at it and will look at the paper work.

Are these vehicles prone to any certain mechanical issues that can be costly around this mileage?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
JKM320
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

I got our 08 at around 39k miles and it's at 53k now. No major issues that we noticed. But when it was in for regular service there were some major things that came up that they found.

No big deal though as its under warranty. Ours has the platinum EVP coverage until 100k miles.

So my advice would be to just make sure you keep a close eye and eat on the car and when it is in for service ask them to thoroughly check for any signs of trouble.

And make sure all recalls and service bulletins have been performed.

Ours has been great! The bigger issues they found that I mentioned above weren't major enough to leave us stranded in any way.

Good luck on your possible purchase. With a CPO warranty and maint included you should be fine.
Appreciate 0