XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Kerrazy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6M

JL audio question

Guys has anyone tried fitting this in X6, it's meant for X5 but maybe it will fit same?????

http://www.jlaudio.ca/car-audio-stea...w-x5-e70-07-up
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
dreamalaska
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 3.5i

Funny you posted this - I spoke with JL Tech on Monday - they said they have not installed this in an X6 and couldn't comment on if it would fit, which I found odd since the X6 has been out for a while...Does anyone here know the answer?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Kerrazy
Private First Class
Rep

Oh interesting I was going to call them as well..I still will and let you know what I hear.

I had a JL stealthbox in my E53 X5 and it was quite good bang for buck....If I buy and M there is no spare tire, if I buy a 35i there is. in either case I think it should fit,,I cant see it being much different. Maybe a trip to the dealer to compare trunks and take photos would measurements would be in order....I suspect the wiring should be a non issue
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 02:44 AM   #4
dreamalaska
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 3.5i

Yes please update after you speak to them - I did not get the guys name I spoke to. This appears to be a reasonable design since you keep the spare, but lose the storage bin in the right rear. This unit also doesn't come with prefab direct plug-in harnesses or an amp, and at $550 I was hoping for an integrated "plug-n-play" design. Also, check out their store on eBay.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
Kerrazy
Private First Class
Rep

oh JL ebay store????? I bet we will need HI-Pass filter to pull signal from factory amp and convert to RCA. also ~ 500 watt amp will be more then enough, a remote wire from factory amp, and a signal, and then just speaker wire...I bet simple amp kit work...and I would HOPE JL gives you wiring schematic?
Appreciate 0