XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
Hoo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue e92 zcp 6mt

BMW Assist Convenience Plan?

I have a 2011 M3 and recently bought a 2011 X5 35d. We're going on a trip in the X5 later this week,and I thought about trying out the Convenience Plan--which costs $199/year. Apparently you can discontinue it at any time and get prorated rebate. Thought I'd give it a try at least for a few weeks. How useful is it?

It seems you have access to BMW Search: "With automatic transfer of your current location and destination, you can compare gas stations' pricing along the way or quickly find a desired business (via Google Maps) with just a key word. Then, with a simple menu option selection, you can start route guidance or a call on your Bluetooth® linked phone to reach your desired destination. Stay informed with US, world, sports, business and BMW headlines & weather forecasts." Also there is access to live Concierge service for restaurant recommendations/reservations, booking shows, hotels etc as well as traffic information and directions.

My experience with BMW Navigation system has, thus far, been VERY DISAPPOINTING. Directions often make little sense--taking you off major highways at inexplicable times, difficult to input some addresses, etc; but a major flaw compared to Garmin is the lack of data about restaurants or other destinations such as golf courses or parks. The Convenience Plan would seem to remedy this. Any users out there who have experience/opinions about the service? How useful is it? Is it worth the cost? Thought I'd at least give it a short-term try in our X5 which is the vehicle which we use for most all of our trips.

Last edited by Hoo; 03-30-2011 at 06:45 AM..
Appreciate 0