XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-05-2022, 05:11 PM   #1
NJX5D
Rep
Drives: '12 X5D, '05 Excursion 6.0L

Comfort Access

2012 X5d
I’ve read a lot of the posts regarding this but my symptoms don’t really match anything I’ve read. Hopefully one of you can help.

Symptoms:
-All 4 door handles and trunk won’t unlock by touching the handles with the key in my pocket( I tried both keys)
-steering wheel no longer moves up and back when I take the key out of the slot nor back into position when I unlock the doors.

But the FOB buttons all work, the car will start with key in my pocket, no warm door handles, no battery drain/discharge issues.
Fuse 132 is good. I had a local indie shop check for codes and they said no DTCs were stored.
Also of note, the battery is from 50/17(Dec 2017 if I have that right)

It seems when everyone else has a CA issue, it’s bc of a blown fuse or door handle failure which causes a high battery drain/discharge issue.
Not sure what else to check.

Not sure if this is related but I also had a parking break malfunction warning twice in the last month. I released the emergency release, no tension so it didn’t seem to be engaged. I then put the it in N and it began to roll so I knew it wasn’t engaged. Later that day, the warning was off.

Thanks for the help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 01:08 PM   #2
CarFan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 3.5 Premium

Garage List
Okay so it's more than 5 years. Depending on how much you stress the battery it may be time to replace.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 06:24 PM   #3
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Maybe default code your CAS and maybe FRM (I say maybe because it's bloody temperamental) if the battery doesn't work, and it wouldn't harm to put a good battery into your fob if you haven't already done so.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 04:48 PM   #4
NJX5D
Rep
Drives: '12 X5D, '05 Excursion 6.0L

The search continues. I went to get a new car battery but when they tested it the numbers were still good and they didn’t recommend replacing yet.
720 cold cranking amps
12.35-13 volts car off
13-14 volts w the engine on
Charging rate 10 w car off
Charging rate 15 w engine on

Changed the battery in the FOB(just a watch battery)

The passenger rear door now works to unlock and lock the car but the other 3 and trunk do not.
@MrSweet, I just bought a foxwell, can I use that to default the CAS?

Also should I keep the foxwell or get a diff set up?
BimmerLink and code or bimmer geeks protool?

Thx
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 01:58 PM   #5
Charlieborg
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5

Garage List
2009 BMW X5  [0.00]
The ground battery clamp looks broken?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 06:30 AM   #6
Cnoro
Private
Albania
Rep
Drives: Bmw e70 4.0d xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJX5D View Post
2012 X5d
I’ve read a lot of the posts regarding this but my symptoms don’t really match anything I’ve read. Hopefully one of you can help.

Symptoms:
-All 4 door handles and trunk won’t unlock by touching the handles with the key in my pocket( I tried both keys)
-steering wheel no longer moves up and back when I take the key out of the slot nor back into position when I unlock the doors.

But the FOB buttons all work, the car will start with key in my pocket, no warm door handles, no battery drain/discharge issues.
Fuse 132 is good. I had a local indie shop check for codes and they said no DTCs were stored.
Also of note, the battery is from 50/17(Dec 2017 if I have that right)

It seems when everyone else has a CA issue, it’s bc of a blown fuse or door handle failure which causes a high battery drain/discharge issue.
Not sure what else to check.

Not sure if this is related but I also had a parking break malfunction warning twice in the last month. I released the emergency release, no tension so it didn’t seem to be engaged. I then put the it in N and it began to roll so I knew it wasn’t engaged. Later that day, the warning was off.

Thanks for the help.
BMW recommend AGM batteries
Appreciate 0