XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-03-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
BlackX6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 50i

2010 X6 50i delivered FINALLY!! pics inside

I have noticed that everybody else has been posting their new BMW's, stock so I figured what the heck. its a 2010, 50i - just got it on saturday. Its red leather with suede inserts, black wood, black interior. it has the sports activity package, premium, sound, 20" rims...

I will also be posting some pics in about 1 week, modified.
Here are some of the mods:
1) black original BMW kidney grills on order
2) tints all the way around including front on saturday
3) Remus exhaust on order from **********s.
4) SinghAutosport flash this week (+80hp, 66 lbft) - dyno in 2 weeks (the car currently has 90 miles on it :-)

just for sh*ts and giggles I included some pics of my 335i

let me know what you think (also, pics of interior coming up)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Congrats! Looks great. Definitely want to see pics of the interior.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
BlackX6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
Congrats! Looks great. Definitely want to see pics of the interior.
Thanks.
BTW, ordered and installed the H8 LEDs ($129 on eBay). They suck. Waiting for the PIAA H8 extreme white... hopefully they will light up the angel eyes better....
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
727jbh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 GC Donington Grey

Looks great and post the pic's after your modification. Black is the hottest color. Your 335i looks hot. Cool rides.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
Rac10000
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman S

Beautiful car! It's great to hear that you're not wasting any time with the mods .

Post some pics of that interior!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 05:14 AM   #6
XBMW6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 740Li 2021 M850i

Congrats. Great looking....Enjoy it. I'm just curious, the SinghAutosport flash looks impressive, however, wouldn't that void BMW's warranty? Cause to be honest, I don't know if I would trust this company to configure the car's ECU unless they have good reputation and experience to back it up. Plus, it wouldn't void the original warranty.

Last edited by XBMW6; 11-04-2009 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 05:28 AM   #7
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Congrats..looks cool!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 06:07 AM   #8
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Hey I went from a 335i as well... I modded the crap out of it..

AA I/C
RR DPs
SSTT->Procede->AA(Custom Tune)->Helix Attache(Custom Tune)
UR CAI
Custom Exhaust
Vorsteiner CF hood
IForged Drifts
KW V2
Forged DVs

And here is a pic from Nopi!

I loved that car.. But i don't know if I am gonna mod this one like I did the last.. First things first.. Valentine going in to protect me from my darkside..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #9
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBMW6 View Post
.... however, wouldn't that void BMW's warranty? Cause to be honest, I don't know if I would trust this company to configure the car's ECU unless they have good reputation and experience to back it up. Plus, it wouldn't void the original warranty.

Yes it voids the BMW warranty. If you are going to do mods go with Dinan, they replace BMW warranty with theirs for same period of time.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #10
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

I need to mention something to the uninformed... BMW does not void warranties... They FLAG warranties. If you car has been flagged it is denied warranty coverage until the car can be re-inspected. If it passes the inspection it will be re-instated into the warranty coverage program.

Your local BMW dealer does not have the power to completely deny warranty coverage. If you have a problem with a dealership go to another one. There are some dealerships that if you are open with them they will work with you. If you are out to blow something up... and they know it. Then you will have trouble getting your car fixed under warranty.

My car was heavily modded.

The only warranty work done to it..

(3) HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pumps) I had one of the first generation 335's and they had a ton of problems with HPFP in this certain build range that my car was in. I replaced my first one before I ever had a single mod done to my car.

I had my Vanos drained of oil, another common problem that 335i owners often blame on waste gate rattle.

I had my waste gates replaced due to a bulletin that was released regarding my build date.

That's it! Otherwise, I took care of my car and changed my oil every 2500 miles. The car was driven hard but was kept meticulously. If you abuse your car and don't maintain it, you are asking for trouble.

You can "get away" with modding your car if you take care of it. If you are the type of person that sees a car as merely a mode of transportation and not a passion. Then you will wait for a problem and get it fixed under warranty. But if you want to mod a car you have to prevent problems first and foremost to protect yourself from unforeseen failures. If they occur and can be attributed to the parts you have replaced on the car then it is your fault and you gotta pay to play.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #11
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

great car!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
BlackX6
Enlisted Member
Rep

OK. So I replaced the original H8 angel eyes with the Rdash H8 LEDs which spring open when you put them in... well, like I said above, they are very weak. in daylight, it is very difficult to see they are on.

So I just replaced the bulbs again with the PIAA H8 Hyper White 4150K 70W... very bright (maybe even brighter than stock) but not quite a cool bluish/white tint that I was looking for... Also, when you turn on the main headlights, the angel eyes become somewhat dimmer with the PIAAs (it was not happening with the LEDs - they used a voltage regulator). I had a similar problem with the angel eyes in the 335i... I ended up using GP Thunder and they worked out fine.

Does anybody know how to swap out the fog light bulbs? (H11)
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #13
BlackX6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post

You can "get away" with modding your car if you take care of it. If you are the type of person that sees a car as merely a mode of transportation and not a passion. Then you will wait for a problem and get it fixed under warranty. But if you want to mod a car you have to prevent problems first and foremost to protect yourself from unforeseen failures. If they occur and can be attributed to the parts you have replaced on the car then it is your fault and you gotta pay to play.
I completely agree. Even if I get it flashed, I don't plan on racing or abusing the car. On the 335i I had the Vishnu chip which made the car a lot more powerful but I never abused it, never threw a light, never "blew up" the engine like I read other people did... Never had a problem. The BMW people never gave me a problem - the techs working on the car had their own 335's chipped. When i get the Singh Autosport flash, I am ready to face the consequences, if any. besides, from what they said, BMW wont be able to tell I had it flashed (which is hard for me to believe)...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #14
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

OK void/flagged (sorry for being uniformed on terminology) call it what you want but at my local dealer a 3 series was in for transmission repair and it was detected that the ECU (whatever that is) had been reprogrammed. BMW was telling dealer that they were not going to cover a $4000 transmission repair. The reason the owner had his car towed to my dealer is they use to be part of the tuners dealer network but no longer were. The owner a student from out of town was seriously pissed , they were still arguing when I left.

As far as I know BMW IS the only one that can deny (or is it flag) coverage, dealer has some discretion on what they can submit. I also know the dealer has to get prior permission from them for certain things, my X6 had to be completely reprogrammed due to the battery issue, BMW had to approve it (this took an extra day, because BMW had to look at the data according to my SA). So those that are all knowing on things BMW know how far they can mod and get away with it. Those that don't have that knowledge (myself included) need to think twice about doing it. Or if you have enough money to replace/repair car on your own doesn't matter.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #15
AZX6
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6 35i

Great looking X6!

Our last three cars (and my Harley) are jet black. I'm to the point where my OCD won't allow me to let any of them to not look fantastic, so the X6 delivered this week is titanium silver. Too much work for me to handle!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #16
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Yes it voids the BMW warranty. If you are going to do mods go with Dinan, they replace BMW warranty with theirs for same period of time.
+1 but I am starting to think they are never going to come out with any mods for X6 50i which sucks. They have been looking for 4 people to finish their mod for over 6 months. I am willing to bet that BMW performance with have a mod out before we see anything from Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #17
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackX6 View Post
When i get the Singh Autosport flash, I am ready to face the consequences, if any. besides, from what they said, BMW wont be able to tell I had it flashed (which is hard for me to believe)...
That is not true. BMW can now tell if you car has been flashed and they can even tell if you add piggy back device like Vishnu based on how it alters the boost.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #18
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
That is not true. BMW can now tell if you car has been flashed and they can even tell if you add piggy back device like Vishnu based on how it alters the boost.
These tuners... Vishnu especially.. worked for 2 months straight on a fix to get around the new tune detecting logic. There has not been a single documented detection on E90 post. The tuners move too fast and have too much money invested in this to let BMW stop them. 135is have the new ECU that supposedly detects tunes... How many 135is have tunes and still get warranty coverage? BMW depends on the fear that they can spread amongst owners in order to deter people from modifying their cars. It is only logical that a modded car is more likely to need warranty work done than a completely stock car, so their actions are justified. It is up to you though. Like I said earlier, if you are willing to take the risk of modding your car, you will reap the rewards of a more sporty ride. However, if something goes wrong, then you gotta pay to play.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #19
BlackX6
Enlisted Member
Rep

So I had the Singh flash done this morning... First impressions: the truck becomes AN ABSOLUTE BEAST!!! holly s***...I had the vishnu on the 335i and this one actually feels FASTER!!! makes a HUGE difference... DEFINITELY worth the money... I am very excited. You are supposed to feel the greatest difference after about 100 miles - i put 40 on mine but I am completely impressed. Jags, the owner, was totally cool, he seemed to know his stuff. Very impressed with the outcome.
I will be dyno-ing the truck in 2 weeks at ICS Performance in CT. Once I get the dyno sheets I will be posting them online in a new thread...
Can't wait for the exhaust... :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #20
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
So I had the Singh flash done this morning... First impressions: the truck becomes AN ABSOLUTE BEAST!!! holly s***...I had the vishnu on the 335i and this one actually feels FASTER!!! makes a HUGE difference... DEFINITELY worth the money... I am very excited. You are supposed to feel the greatest difference after about 100 miles - i put 40 on mine but I am completely impressed. Jags, the owner, was totally cool, he seemed to know his stuff. Very impressed with the outcome.
I will be dyno-ing the truck in 2 weeks at ICS Performance in CT. Once I get the dyno sheets I will be posting them online in a new thread...
Can't wait for the exhaust... :-)
Did it do anything to improve the turbo lag or does it feel about the same as stock? What do they charge for the flash and can it be flashed back to stock at a later time?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #21
BlackX6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Did it do anything to improve the turbo lag or does it feel about the same as stock? What do they charge for the flash and can it be flashed back to stock at a later time?
No. There still is a lag. The big difference is that when it kicks in it absolutely snaps your head back. It's so hard to believe that something this big can accelerate this fast. U feel the kick even at 80 mph and u go over 100 before you know it. Also, it picks up faster with less pedal pressure, but there still i a lag.... I kinda like it actually because it reminds you how powerful it is... I will reserve my final evaluation until I drove it for a couple of weeks...
It's 1295 and they hold on to your original file if you wanna put it back...
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #22
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
No. There still is a lag. The big difference is that when it kicks in it absolutely snaps your head back. It's so hard to believe that something this big can accelerate this fast. U feel the kick even at 80 mph and u go over 100 before you know it. Also, it picks up faster with less pedal pressure, but there still i a lag.... I kinda like it actually because it reminds you how powerful it is... I will reserve my final evaluation until I drove it for a couple of weeks...
It's 1295 and they hold on to your original file if you wanna put it back...
How many miles did you drive on it stock before having this done? Did you really open it up much to feel the true power of this vehicle in stock form before adding the flash? Also, please post your dyno results once you have this done. Very curious to see if they are truly getting 80HP and 66lbs of torque. Would be pretty impressive for that price.
Appreciate 0