XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
BMW50X62K8
Germany
Rep
Drives: bmw50x62k8

My X6 xDrive50i

Waiting for my new toy, can't wait to check this out on the autobahn's here in K-town Germany.

Expecting delivery on first week in Sept 08.

Twin-turbo direct injection V-8 xDrive, intelligent all-wheel-drive
Titanium Silver Metallic
Black Perforated Nevada Leather
Dark wood trim
Active ventilated seat package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Climate Package
Sport Package
20" Light-alloy wheels Star Spoke (style259) with mixed run-flat perf. tires
Exterior Titanium Silver Metallic
Interior Leather Black Perforated Nevada Leather
Interior Trim Dark wood trim
Automatic tailgate opening and closing
Head-up Display
Running boards
Rear-view camera
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

lucky you to be able to open it up on the autobahn. My 50i is similar but space gray minus Head-up Display,Running boards and cold weather (I live in California) .
I went with the aluminum trim (my wifes suggestion, she has color-spatial sense). Mine is also due first week in September.

After you have had it for a while would be good to post your impressions here,especially how it performs at high speeds.
      07-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Congrats on your order! I have ordred mine with the following options:

Vermilion Red
Sand Beige Nappa Leather
Dark Bamboo Wood Trim
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Climate Package
Sport Package w/20" Sport upgrade wheels (style 259)
Automatic Tailgate
Comfort Access
Running Boards
Rear-view Camera
Heads-Up Display
HD Radio
Satellite Radio
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
BMW50X62K8
Germany
Rep

Cool

Thanks! I used to live in Pleasanton - don't miss that 580/680 slow n go.

My daily driver is a 2007 328XI. This was my first BMW and living 50 miles from the job out here is a real joy. Everyday - this little baby 3er is riding then needle at 110-120mph for at least 30-40 miles of my daily commute. As a speed freak - it is my early morning coffe and my afternoon candy buzz.

Really looking forward to checking out the X6 - though, it looks like I will be here for the next three years, so plenty of european destinations to drive it too.

Congrats on your new toy - hope you have a long and safe relationship. I will post some pics as soon as mine gets here.

Later,
-JB
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 03:11 AM   #5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: always changing

-JB,
is the ''Night Vision'' an option to order in Germany?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #6
BMW50X62K8
Germany
Rep

Don't know about that one - sounds interesting. This X6 is US spec - I am getting through military sales, so I am not sure if the night vision is an option for the local German market.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2045 View Post
-JB,
is the ''Night Vision'' an option to order in Germany?
You can not specify the 'Night Vision' system as an option on the German 'Build Your Own' configurator.

What's interesting about this is that the 'Night Vision' system is listed under the available safety options on the international, German and New Zealand BMW web sites (maybe others as well). I have emailed 'BMW NA Customer Relations' about this but have yet to hear from them!

That is definitely an option I would LOVE to add to my configuration! I would assume that the cost for this option would run in the neighborhood of between $2000 to $2500 ...

Where did you see this option listed for the X6 if you don't mind me asking?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: always changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
You can not specify the 'Night Vision' system as an option on the German 'Build Your Own' configurator.

What's interesting about this is that the 'Night Vision' system is listed under the available safety options on the international, German and New Zealand BMW web sites (maybe others as well). I have emailed 'BMW NA Customer Relations' about this but have yet to hear from them!

That is definitely an option I would LOVE to add to my configuration! I would assume that the cost for this option would run in the neighborhood of between $2000 to $2500 ...

Where did you see this option listed for the X6 if you don't mind me asking?
i saw it on the International site as well. it'll eventually become an option but sucks for us that want the first batch cars...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2045 View Post
i saw it on the International site as well. it'll eventually become an option but sucks for us that want the first batch cars...
It could also be that since they are working on an updated version of the night vision system they will only introduce the new version for the X6 once it is released. The new version is supposed to have a range of over 500m (vs. 300m in the current system) and smarts to detect and warn the driver of pedestrians, etc. The European system apparently will also warn the driver of street signs, the system will recognize the sign and overlay a warning sign on top of the night vision view. If your car has HUD, the HUD system will also warn you of the potential of pedestrians on the road and/or indicate what sign it detected! According to BMW, the system will be smart enough to know if a pedestrian is on the side walk and will not warn the driver of those pedestrians...

Also (according to BMW), the North American version of the new night vision system will NOT have the sign recognition feature due to the lack of standardized signs across NA! Too bad
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #10
leonelm3
SHOCKINVIBES MOTORSPORTS !
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001AA SC E46M3+09AudiQ7 Sline

Talking Joined the X6 crew !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW50X62K8 View Post
Waiting for my new toy, can't wait to check this out on the autobahn's here in K-town Germany.

Expecting delivery on first week in Sept 08.

Twin-turbo direct injection V-8 xDrive, intelligent all-wheel-drive
Titanium Silver Metallic
Black Perforated Nevada Leather
Dark wood trim
Active ventilated seat package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Climate Package
Sport Package
20" Light-alloy wheels Star Spoke (style259) with mixed run-flat perf. tires
Exterior Titanium Silver Metallic
Interior Leather Black Perforated Nevada Leather
Interior Trim Dark wood trim
Automatic tailgate opening and closing
Head-up Display
Running boards
Rear-view camera

Congradulations BMW50X62K8,

I too have ordered the xDrive 50i for My wife. it will Replace our 04 Porsche Cayenne. Our color combo are different than yours but Our options are very similar. I am Iraq at the Moment so I to enjoyed ordering through The Bmw MSP. we did not get the Rear climate, active ventilated seat pkg and sport Pkg. We have our Own 22's that will compliment her perrrrfectly

we were stationed at Dexhiem from 02-05. I worked in Mainz-kastel which was also about 30-45 minutes away for a normal person. I have en E46 M3 so it usually takes me about 22 minutes. she was Bone stock back then but still I know the Fun you are having and will have when the X6 50i arrives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Congrats on your order! I have ordred mine with the following options:

Vermilion Red
Sand Beige Nappa Leather
Dark Bamboo Wood Trim
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Climate Package
Sport Package w/20" Sport upgrade wheels (style 259)
Automatic Tailgate
Comfort Access
Running Boards
Rear-view Camera
Heads-Up Display
HD Radio
Satellite Radio
Same to you shenard; Congrats !!!
Ours is sheduled for an Oct delivery here in Georgia. USA
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #11
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonelm3 View Post
[COLOR="Red"]

Same to you shenard; Congrats !!!
Ours is sheduled for an Oct delivery here in Georgia. USA
Is it going to be an '08 or '09?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #12
leonelm3
United_States
Rep

Talking

Quote:
Is it going to be an '08 or '09?
according to my P.O. it will be a 2008
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #13
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
according to my P.O. it will be a 2008
That is strange because it should be an '09 because I was told that production for the 09s will start mid-September and it should only take a week or less from when it is built to show up at your dealer since you are in GA so close to plant.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #14
leonelm3
United_States
Rep

I was told the X6 is made in Munich Not the USA
And
I guess my production date is 08 because it is actually being built in august but not being delivered until oct. i pushed the date back cause of my wife's graduation. it was originally scheduled for a september drop but now Oct.

lol, i doubt that BMW can deliver these X6's to Dealers across the USA in a week from germany if that is where there being built.
My rep said all X's, M's, 6 and 7 series are made in germany.
the 1's, 3's,and 5's are assembled in SC, USA
but, she could have been wrong or mistaken. it does not matter much to me anyway. as long as there are No mistakes on my Order there safe and i will be happy ;-)

Last edited by leonelm3; 07-15-2008 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: left out verbage
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #15
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
And
I guess my production date is 08 because it is actually being built in august but not being delivered until oct. i pushed the date back cause of my wife's graduation. it was originally scheduled for a september drop but now Oct.

lol, i doubt that BMW can deliver these X6's to Dealers across the USA in a week from germany if that is where there being built.
but, she could have been wrong or mistaken. it does not matter much to me anyway. as long as there are No mistakes on my Order there safe and i will be happy ;-)
That is not correct. The X6 is assembled in Spartansburg, South Carolina (USA)
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #16
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
And

leonelm3, shenard is right...The X6, and the X5 and current model of the Z car are all made in SC.Starting in late 09 the Z cars will move to Germany for production and the 2nd Gen X3 will move to the SC Plant.Given the huge plant expansion going on in SC ( doubling in size)...some little birdies tell me some additional BMW models will be built in SC. It should be interesting here in the coming years.Thanks! PalBay
      07-16-2008, 12:44 AM   #17
leonelm3
United_States
Rep

wow,

if that is the case why am I being charged $775 shipping?

On the P.O. it says " Transport to US" in ()

I am only 90 minutes (in my M///3 ) or 250 miles from spartansburg, SC

I can drive up and pick up myself.

i will email my Rep and get her to clarify.

thanks shenard

Last edited by leonelm3; 07-16-2008 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: mis spelled verbage
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 06:50 AM   #18
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
wow,

if that is the case why am I being charged $775 shipping?

On the P.O. it says " Transport to US" in ()

I am only 90 minutes (in my M///3 ) or 250 miles from spartansburg, SC

I can drive up and pick up myself.

i will email my Rep and get her to clarify.

thanks shenard
You actually should now be being charged $825 for destination and handling. Everyone pays this for all models regardless of where they are assembled. This just recently increased from $775
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #19
leonelm3
United_States
Rep

Talking yup Our new BMW xDrive 50i

Quote:
You actually should now be being charged $825 for destination and handling. Everyone pays this for all models regardless of where they are assembled. This just recently increased from $775
Correct,

she just responded saying the same thing. Our order was placed back in may which was before the increase in the destination charge took affect.
she also answered my question as to why am i or are we all being charged the destination fee if in fact our new X6 xDrive 50i is built/assembled just 250 miles north in Spartansburg, SC?

her words; The X6 models are built in SC along with the X5 and Z4.

The $775 is charged for every BMW delivery. If you purchased any BMW off a lot at a US dealership, you would still be charged the same as their destination fee. It is a delivery cost set by BMW.

You would still be charged the $775 even if you took delivery in SC at the Performance Center which is a whole different delivery process.

Basically, there is no way around the delivery cost. You got your order in back in may which was early enough because the cost is now $825!
------------------------- end quote --------------------------------

so, i will ask now what is the process of accepting our new X6 at the performance center? will it be more celebratory or informative??
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #20
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Correct,

she just responded saying the same thing. Our order was placed back in may which was before the increase in the destination charge took affect.
she also answered my question as to why am i or are we all being charged the destination fee if in fact our new X6 xDrive 50i is built/assembled just 250 miles north in Spartansburg, SC?

her words; The X6 models are built in SC along with the X5 and Z4.

The $775 is charged for every BMW delivery. If you purchased any BMW off a lot at a US dealership, you would still be charged the same as their destination fee. It is a delivery cost set by BMW.

You would still be charged the $775 even if you took delivery in SC at the Performance Center which is a whole different delivery process.

Basically, there is no way around the delivery cost. You got your order in back in may which was early enough because the cost is now $825!
------------------------- end quote --------------------------------

so, i will ask now what is the process of accepting our new X6 at the performance center? will it be more celebratory or informative??

I would definitely accept your vehicle at the Performance center because they will let you drive a comparable model around their track and see the true performance capability of the vehicle. I would do that if I did not have to drive it back to Dallas afterwards.

I am actually going to be in Greenville/Spartansburg area on business next week and am trying to see if my dealer has any connections so I can drive a 50i while I am there.

Palbay, any connections?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #21
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I would definitely accept your vehicle at the Performance center because they will let you drive a comparable model around their track and see the true performance capability of the vehicle. I would do that if I did not have to drive it back to Dallas afterwards.

I am actually going to be in Greenville/Spartansburg area on business next week and am trying to see if my dealer has any connections so I can drive a 50i while I am there.

Palbay, any connections?
Hey Shenard,

if you do happen to drive a 50i at the performance center, see if you can record the exhaust note... I'm sure there are a few people here (including myself) that would love to hear the monsters roar up close and personal
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #22
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:

Palbay, any connections?
Let me ask around.Thanks! PalBay

Last edited by Palbay; 07-16-2008 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0