XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
Tio///M
///M South Lead
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez Blk / Fox Red Ext

Purchasing a 2007 4.8 for $31500

Well, just ran into a great great offer....I don't wanna pass it up.

Titanium Silver w/Gray or Silver Leather, about 90% options....it does have 57,000 miles, but carfax checks out.

Prem, Tech, and Cold packs, 3rd Row, Rear DVD player, Aerodynamic kit, Sport Pack w/20", Pan Roof, and running boards.

Can someone please advise whether or not it would be advisable to secure the 6/100k warranty from BMW?

Also does this sound really cheap? I mean the price....I was hesitant and after communicating with a lady who I assume is pretty well off and she just bought it about three to four weeks ago from Braman Miami, but the truck is in New York....

Can anyone who has owned an 4.8 tell me what I should be worrying about as far as maintenance and pros and cons compared to a 3.0....thanks for anyone who provides insightful and educational information. TIA

MFlight!! .......NOW
///M SOUTH
on Facebook!!
FOR SALE!!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Congratulations on your purchase. The X5 is an awesome vehicle although I am not sure why you would buy an X5 if you live in Florida. I have a 2007 X5 4.8i and I've had problems with O2 sensors that needed to be replaced. The vehicle is less than 3 years old with 57K miles. Will you drive it a lot? Most components break on usage not time so if you plan to cross 100K miles before the fourth anniversary of the car then I suppose it's a NOT a good idea to buy the extended warrany. If you think you'll exceed 100K miles after the 6 year deadline then the extended warranty may be a good idea.

Cheers.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 06:13 AM   #3
Tio///M
///M South Lead
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez Blk / Fox Red Ext

Yeah that makes sense about the warranty. What I am looking at is for further down the line is to tow a pair of jet skies or the M3 when need be. I will be driving it in Miami but in about two to three years will have to move somewhere else, and I would like to tow the M3 to where ever I go next. Thanks for the input.

MFlight!! .......NOW
///M SOUTH
on Facebook!!
FOR SALE!!
Appreciate 0