XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
EL's X6
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6 50i

Garage List
2011 BMW X6  [0.00]
2011 X6 50i Engine Malfunction Reduced fault codes

Here we go again. My 2011 X6 50i with 75k miles went into limp mode yesterday when i accelerated to pass a slow moving car in the left lane on the highway. The Engine Malfunction warning came on and the X6 lost horsepower over 80mph. When i stopped at my destination i let it sit for about 20 min then tried to start it. It took a while but eventually started.

On my way home the check engine light came on. I stopped at the auto parts store to get the code scanned. P302C and P3284. I searched google for those codes and cant get a straight definition.

After about 15 miles of driving the X6 lost acceleration power and the 4X4 DSC and Brake Warning light came on. I pulled over and shut it off. I restarted after 5 min and was able to limp home. After 5 miles the 4X4 DSC and Brake lights came on again and lost all acceleration. All while in Limp Mode.

Anyone have any suggestions or leads? Everything i got points to the HPFP but the 4X4 light throws me. Since I'm out of warranty i plan on doing the work myself, as i had for all my vehicles for years including the oil pan and drive shaft on the X.
Appreciate 0