XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #1
cldbengals1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 35I

Had Oil pump,timing chain,and tensioner done now issues

Hello,

I recently purchased 2011 bmw x5 35i with 152,000 miles on it. It had an oil pump issue due to a shop smashing the oil filter inside and breaking the housing. I had it to a shop and they replaced the oil pump,timing chain kit and seals. When they called they said the engine had some noise. I took it for a second opinion as now my oil pressure and everything was good. The noise was coming down by the flywheel and echoing up towards the valve cover and intake. It almost sounded like something was hitting the flywheel. When the shop took it out and checked it the noise stopped and vehicle died. The engine turns over but now it wont start and has 3 codes that wont clear. 6f56,601d,611E. I am thinking about towing it to a bmw dealer to see what really happened here but from my understanding the front differential has to be removed to do the oil pan and i am wondering if something wasnt done right and thats the noise. Has anyone experienced this? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by cldbengals1; 05-04-2021 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 12:59 PM   #2
cldbengals1
Registered
Rep

Update:The vehicle shutdown due to a ground issue. Trying to see where the ground is. Going rounds with the shop as they are saying they did not have a ground disconnnected
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #3
TwinSnailz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5//M

Quick way is to take a jumper cable and clamp one end on the engine and the other end to the body bolt.

If it works and is indeed the ground then the factory ground strap is driver side near the front differential.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 07:26 AM   #4
cldbengals1
Registered
Rep

Thank you TwinSnailz. It is indeed a ground issue. It is now turning over and has power. My first description wasnt clear. We had power but nothing was happening. Now we added that ground and it tries to start. The engine turns over by hand. Still trying to figure out why it wont start now after adding the ground. Thanks again and I will update.
Appreciate 0