XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-02-2021, 07:30 AM   #1
Al3029
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93, Msport, white/red

E70 Lift Gate Module

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey, my module burnt out due to it being soaked in water. Searching for a replacement with the same part # and not having any luck.

Can a module with a non matching part # be coded to work properly?

Thx!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 09:44 PM   #2
Musk
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 50i

I've been battling tailgate lift issues as well.
I found this video, hope it helps!

https://youtu.be/JBhoU37Wi24?t=187
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 12:25 PM   #3
SupDuc
Rep
Drives: Toyota

Hey I had a similar issue. I used a different part number lift gate module from a local guy who was parting out a pre-lci on my lci X5 and it worked fine without needing to code. Plugs were the same although the board and plug placement were slightly different and it even re-coded to open/close via the button afterward.

Also, my module got wet due to a leaf getting caught in my rear sunroof drain. Make sure that you clean those out with a wire and/or compressed air. Also take a small drill bit and drill a hole in the plastic plug in the wheel well for added protection against it filling up with water again. Electronics submerged in a tub with no drain is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited by SupDuc; 01-06-2022 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
Al302921.50
      01-08-2022, 01:04 PM   #4
Al3029
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93, Msport, white/red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDuc View Post
Hey I had a similar issue. I used a different part number lift gate module from a local guy who was parting out a pre-lci on my lci X5 and it worked fine without needing to code. Plugs were the same although the board and plug placement were slightly different and it even re-coded to open/close via the button afterward.

Also, my module got wet due to a leaf getting caught in my rear sunroof drain. Make sure that you clean those out with a wire and/or compressed air. Also take a small drill bit and drill a hole in the plastic plug in the wheel well for added protection against it filling up with water again. Electronics submerged in a tub with no drain is a recipe for disaster.
I found one with a different part # and It would only open with fob and interior button. Wouldn't close, I had to close it manually…this one burnt out as well …Lol, smh..

Still searching for identical part #, since then i drilled a few holes so that the water will drain and wrapped the bracket with flex seal.
Appreciate 0