XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-28-2015, 10:43 PM   #1
DiegoM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White

Need help. ATF power steering

Excuse my ignorance. All online search and even the dealerships are contradicting each other.
Simply want to flush a 2010 X5 35d power steering fluid. Cap reservoir says ATF ONLY, I called 2 dealerships to compare ATF price/quart. Instead I got different responses on the kind of ATF to use. 2 of which are from the same dealership between the service coordinator and the parts sales rep. I was told that the x5 uses ATF DEXRON VI only, the other says use only Regular ATF, the other dealErship guy said that I could mix both. WTH exactly does this truck use!? Can I actually mix it? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 03:18 PM   #2
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

TWO Thumbs Down on BMW for not including this info in the Owners Manual anymore.

Ok, maybe most owners will never open the hood, but why not include this on a single page at the back of the manual with the other specifications...?
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star
Appreciate 0