XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-07-2015, 11:23 AM   #1
JensM
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40D 2019

X5 2012 vibrates when reducing speed

Hello Forum members.
My 2012 X5 30D M Sport 8 speed has over the last month or so began vibrating when reducing speed - and now it is at a level where I'm starting to get concerned.

I have difficult diagnozing where it actually comes from. When I just reduce speed by moving foot from speeder it is very minimal. When using brakes it vibrates - but if pushing brakes harder, it's like the vibrations is less. The vibrations can be felt both via the steering wheel but also through the seat - actually it is like the whole car is "shaking".
So first guess would be the brakes (the indicator do however say 70.000 km left in front and 36.000 km in rear) - can they be warped? (I have not been doing any really hard breaking).

But it can also feels a bit like it could be the transmission there is "shaking" - the up and down shift is not as smooth as used to be.
I have read a lot about software updates for the gear box, I'm not aware of that the garage has done anything like this (always official BMW garages)

Third option is something in the suspension, or the driveshaft which there seems to be a lot of treads about at the moment. I can see BMW US are checking this, but here in Europe I have not heard from dealership about this

Anybody with similar experience and where do you suggest I (the BMW garage) start looking?

Thanks in advance
JensM
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 06:57 AM   #2
racermp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330i

Sounds like driveshaft
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
JensM
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40D 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by racermp View Post
Sounds like driveshaft

Went to BMW garage Friday and they did a test drive with me in passenger seat. They tend to believe it is a warped brake disk - but not 100% sure. It Gould also be some bearings in the front suspension- but not 100% sure either. They did not mention driveshaft. I'm a bit nervous that they just start changing parts from one end without not knowing for sure it it's works. I asked about driveshaft which they have not heard about (?). Mine is a 2012 which I can see is involved in the driveshaft chain in US. Anyone in Europe having this problem?
Appreciate 0