XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-12-2021, 03:15 PM   #1
Konradical6
Private
Rep
Drives: E70

I came back to my car one night and the left side was really low towards the ground. I had read that the rear air springs need to be replaced on these cars after a while and last time I had my car in the shop the shop even mentioned I'll need new rear bags soon. It hadn't happened after that but I decided to preempt the problem and I took it in for both bags to be replaced.

So I took it to a reputable bmw shop and had both of the rear air springs replaced but past two times I've left my car parked for a few days and come back and now both sides are low to the ground in the back. They're not completely all the way down like it was the first time prior to replacement but still noticeably low. When I turn the car on it fills up and stays up. Any ideas?

Someone mentioned to me That maybe it could be faulty ride height sensors? But would those affect the air escaping?

I didn't think it was the compressor as when I turn on the car the compressor kicks in and fills them up instantly. Also I'm not 100% sure but I feel like the car sat higher at full fill prior to bag replacement than it does now.

2013 X5 35i with 73k miles
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 06:27 AM   #2
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

It sounds like there's a leak in both bags or the connecting hardware. I suspect that the shop didn't do something right or a part failed already. It's a sealed system so it should hold air overnight. I'm not too sure a faulty ride height sensor would do that.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2021, 05:15 PM   #3
Konradical6
Private
Rep
Drives: E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrews15 View Post
It sounds like there's a leak in both bags or the connecting hardware. I suspect that the shop didn't do something right or a part failed already. It's a sealed system so it should hold air overnight. I'm not too sure a faulty ride height sensor would do that.
Yes could be. Weird that it seems to be happening more on the drivers side

[IMG][/IMG]right then left
Attached Images

Appreciate 0