XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-24-2020, 11:43 AM   #1
fiya
Rep
Drives: F10

PPI in Dallas or Richardson, TX

Hi, close to picking up a 11 X5M from a seller in Texas. Anyone recommend a shop or mechanic for a PPI?

BMW of Dallas is a few mins away from the seller, but not sure how much of a PPI they'll do since it isn't their vehicle...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 12:59 PM   #2
X5 MAN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011X5 50iM-Sport;2016X3 35i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiya View Post
Hi, close to picking up a 11 X5M from a seller in Texas. Anyone recommend a shop or mechanic for a PPI?

BMW of Dallas is a few mins away from the seller, but not sure how much of a PPI they'll do since it isn't their vehicle...
They will do and it is better that it is not their vehicle actually. They will be more thoroughly inspecting it.
Appreciate 1
fiya0.00
      12-26-2020, 03:28 PM   #3
quick
Captain
Rep
Drives: '12 X5M, '01 E55, '91 964 Trbo

How many miles?

Make sure you have them comment on any particular areas you want them to focus or else they are going to do a generic PPI...

I'd ask for engine scan for any codes, brakes/tire wear, suspension wearout, eat adjustments especially the dynamic part, dynamic headlights, and lift gate/panoramic operations to name some

Make sure it comes with 2 keys as those suckers are expensive, $500+

Also make sure to ask them to check the vehicle history to see if the car has had it's injectors replaced with the newer ones (Index 11)

Good Luck
Appreciate 1
fiya0.00
      12-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #4
fiya
Rep

Thank you for the suggestions!

Ah, didn't expect them to lol. I found a local shop Bimmers Only, said they do a full diagnostics and check for inconsistencies in paint and body - another local shop said they don't but can if I need them to so I was happy to hear that.

A little over 100k miles, one key (told them this will have to be negotiated in to the price, but they're welcome to provide the second key). Doubt the injectors were replaced, expecting it to need some maintenance around that milage, hoping the PPI will uncover anything besides "it starts up - no lights on the dash" as the salesman wants me to believe it's ready to go lol
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 02:42 PM   #5
fiya
Rep

Huge shout out to David from Bimmers Only! Saved me from jumping in to a massive repair bill, leaking valve covers (both), oil pan (upper and lower), transmission pan, transfer case, and rear diff. Vehicle also looks like it was involved in a hit, front fender looks repainted, hood isn't flush...CarFax showed zero accidents, go figure lol
Appreciate 0