XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Why separate drivetrain forum ?

I noticed that some threads disappeared then notice there is now a X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

so why ? kind of dilutes the forum

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
eg3
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 35i

I think instead it organizes. Having everything in a single section doesn't help anybody find good info, instead it clutters the forum.. This forum also needs some good stickies..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
eg3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Forum could use a DIY section as that would help new owners.
Finding good info is a matter of using search. never thought a forum had to be organized, it will only be as good as the people that participate in it. if you start putting discussions into "little boxes" people will drift away.
I strongly disagree. Not all new users are search experts plus you don't always find a good exhaust thread when you type in "exhaust" into the search box. If you don't start to section a growing forum, soon it'll be all the same questions asked over and over again and annoyed experienced users like you and me will probably start snapping or not answering at all.

A quick look at E90Post will show you how it's done and how good the outcome is as well as the previous auto forum I was participating: infinitiscene.com.

Forums are discussion and information devices. If you pile up all the various info & questions into one section, THEN it becomes a "little box".. Too little to be good for any use..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #4
eg3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
I guess it's amazing that the forum has lasted so long in such a chaotic state. separate forums is just a little to borg for me , guess it's time to join the others at the other website.
It's your decision obviously to choose where to post or not. Feel free to leave, no need to tell about it.
Appreciate 0