XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
stlcity
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Unhappy 2012 X5M: engine malfunction, reduced power

Hi. I have a 2012 X5M. Dinan tuned though. I was crusing on the highway yesterday on my way back from work. Had the M mode on. Suddenly noted a power loss and the " Engine malfunction: reduced power!!!" error came on. Tried turning the truck off and restarting. The error persisted. I took it to the dealer last evening. They have not got back to me yet....

From what I have been reading looks like people who have had this issue needed to have their injectors replaced. Have a feeling that it will be few weeks before I get my truck back...

Will keep the thread updated based on what I hear from the dealer....
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Lucky you, I had my X5M completely shut down on me while I was driving. The best part was when I took it back to the dealer, they said they can't find anything wrong with it, the computer doesn't have record of the car shutting down either, as if I made the whole thing up.

The dealer said they will re-program the computer and see how it runs, so far it hasn't happened again.....
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yours doesn't sound like an injector problem, probably some sort of intercooler coolant circulation pump failure. Or other plumbing issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
stlcity
Private
Rep

Got a call from my SA at dealership. Multiple error codes. He said it was failure of the high pressure fuel pump No 2. The parts are being overnighted. He said he should have it ready by Thursday. Keeping my fingers crossed.....
Appreciate 0