XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP

Valentine one help?

Hey guys im going to order the v1 with glide mount under mirror. Now heres where i need help, so i know must ppl hook up to the sunroof but i dont wanna tap into any wires. So im bringing it down to the fusebox, so when im in the fusebox do you know where i should fuse into im going to buy the fuse that hooks up 2 fuses into 1. I haven't opened it to see whats inside im hoping is theres extra circuits. Guys let me know if anyone has a similar setup, now im using this on a 2012 x5 50i, thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
brian5
Shoot for the moon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8i

It's really easy to tap into the overhead console area. That's what I did a couple of years ago.

It's even easier, and a nicer option to have to quieten the annoying alerts around town, to buy the Savvy from V1 and hook it into your OBD diagnostic port. I like my V1 so much more since I got the Savvy. No wires to tap into...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian5
It's really easy to tap into the overhead console area. That's what I did a couple of years ago.

It's even easier, and a nicer option to have to quieten the annoying alerts around town, to buy the Savvy from V1 and hook it into your OBD diagnostic port. I like my V1 so much more since I got the Savvy. No wires to tap into...
Yes, i was told about that and thats what i end up buying and also i order the blind mount to go with it. Thanks for your advice, hows that v1 treating u? Im basically using this on the highways besides that i really dont need it for Anything else im hoping i did the right choice. Took me almost a week to compare with the passport max.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
brian5
Shoot for the moon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8i

Still using the V1 and still finding it the best choice with its directional arrows. I get so many saves per year, on the open road, it's just ridiculous. It pays for itself every month.

Although my primary focus is on the highways, as I do not speed in town, I even got two saves, in town, just this week. An Acura on Tuesday and a Honda on Thursday got pulled over instead.

I had the LEDs on my remote colored years ago. When I see Blue (K-band), that means the cops are there. Never failed me...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Nice thanks for advice
Appreciate 0