XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
MBX5
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

New X5 35i SAV owner

After reading so many posts like this one, I am so happy to be the one posting this time. After casualy searching on and off for a few months, I finally had to find an X5 and make a move as I sold my previous car pretty fast. I bought a demo X5 35i from California and had it shipped to Florida, after some delays with shipping I finally took delivery late last night, the wait was so painful! But even more painful is that I had to leave town early this morning so I still don't get to play until Sunday
My previous car was an Audi A6 and I absolutely loved it and will miss it, but I look forward to what the X5 has to offer.

Specs:

Deep sea blue
Oyster Nevada leather
Cold weather pkg
Comfort seats (awesome seats)
HUD
Adaptive Drive
PDC
Nav
Comfort access
BMW assist, Bluetooth...

I know most of you know what a blue X5 looks like, but I will still post pics as soon as I am back in town. This forum is incredibly informative and has been a great source of helpful information without having to ask. I hope to contribute soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Realgeni
Rep
Drives: X5

Photos please
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
drod
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 50i

congrats...

why CA to Florida? just curious... i'm sure there are plenty of dealers in Florida with demo units.... but i'm sure you checked...

were there any issues with any emissions and stuff? not sure if CA has a different setup... i have no clue but im sure you looked into it....

again just curious... and congrats on the new ride... don't forget to post pics...
      02-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
MBX5
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

I did start my search locally and on all of the auto websites with no luck, I initially only consider adjacent states so that I can fly in and drive back, but when comparing miles, price and option packages on all listed cars online, Irvine BMW in CA was the best deal. Even after shipping cost, I am still better off than any other deal I found. I came very close to a 5.0 with lots of toys in NY, but it had 3 times the miles and it was not from a franchise dealer.
I have to admit I was pretty nervous closing on a car sight unseen and across the country, but this dealership and my sales guy (Aaron Hawkins) were very great to deal with, very professional and helpful. The car arrived exactly as described.

Last edited by MBX5; 02-11-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0