XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
mike5jr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 X5

Strange Noise on Cold Start

Hi everyone.. I am new to the Post. I have a 2006 X5 under CPO that I bought in Florida and brought back to Sunny Buffalo NY.

I love it! There have been some minor things that needed to be fixed but nothing crazy more so pet peeves and I have 83K on the car.

I have noticed that lately the colder and colder it gets when the Car sits over a cold cold nigh 10 - 25 degrees in the morning the first start of the day there is a very noticeable belt squeal or rubbing noise that goes away after the engine turns over and the car runs for 5 seconds.. Then it is gone and I never hear it until later at night or in the morning.

Any Ideas. The Dealer just replaced pretty much all of the belts before i picked it up.

I had them look at at, but they could not replicate the issue after having the car all day.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
ray32
Rep
Drives: X5

idler pulley is bad
Appreciate 0