XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
BMWX5007
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW X5

HELP!! Problems with my 2003 BMW X5 air suspension

I recently bought a 2003 X5 and the right side air strut collapses down every time i shut off the engine. I think the pump & compressor are working fine; as the suspension levels out once its started.
I have had it looked at by a certified BMW shop and they couldn't find anything obvious (leaks or broken parts). $100 down the drain!
Can anyone tell me why they think this is happening and what the possible fixes are? ,Also what thoughts does anyone have on remanufactured air struts? Thx
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
BMWX5r
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Problems I had with my X5 air suspension

Just wanted to share with you guys, I have had problem after problem with this $%^* suspension. After dumping about $3,500 into compressor, struts, module, then another compressor I looked around and found a company that has a kit that you install regular struts/springs. The kit doesn't lower the car like those other spring kits that they sell online. I am no Mechanic by any means but the guy I spoke to "Diego" actually encouraged me to do it my self. It took me most of the day, followed the instructions, but it wasnt that bad and I just have normal tools. This is the absolute best thing I could have ever done. I should have looked online before I threw away all that money at my BMW mechanic. It rides fantastic !!!!!couldnt be happier!!!! I wanted to tell you DONT waste your money on replacing the factory stuff, my guy's name is Diego and his number is 1-877-401-8028. best purchase I could have ever made for my X5.

thx
BMWX5r
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
manumarcu13
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 X5 4.4i

Unhappy same problem...pls HELP!

hi ive been havin the same issues with my x5...ive already replaced 3 of my stuts and now my bmw mechanic is telling me that "it might" be the module wich is arround 700$ and if not the compreson...i really dont feel like spending more then i allready did....i would really appreciate if you could tell me how can i get the traditional suspension system you got and arround how much you spent on it...thank a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX5r View Post
Just wanted to share with you guys, I have had problem after problem with this $%^* suspension. After dumping about $3,500 into compressor, struts, module, then another compressor I looked around and found a company that has a kit that you install regular struts/springs. The kit doesn't lower the car like those other spring kits that they sell online. I am no Mechanic by any means but the guy I spoke to "Diego" actually encouraged me to do it my self. It took me most of the day, followed the instructions, but it wasnt that bad and I just have normal tools. This is the absolute best thing I could have ever done. I should have looked online before I threw away all that money at my BMW mechanic. It rides fantastic !!!!!couldnt be happier!!!! I wanted to tell you DONT waste your money on replacing the factory stuff, my guy's name is Diego and his number is 1-877-401-8028. best purchase I could have ever made for my X5.

thx
BMWX5r
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
FITZUNI
///M3
Rep
Drives: ///M

Any pictures ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX5r View Post

thx
BMWX5r
Appreciate 0