XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #23
RRKRRK1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
Yeah I'll post whatever they come back with. I know they're doing some kind of software update because they asked to reset the car's computer today. The dealer is also fixing a fuel cap issue but I doubt that is requiring the computer update. To be honest I don't expect the dealer to be able to fix the headlight issue unless BMW has just recently offered a solution. From my research it sounds like its a design flaw with the sensor and its likely going to continue being an issue until enough of us complain for BMW to recall it. I'm hoping software can fix it. I don't yet know when I'll have my car back. In the mean time, the X5 35d isn't bad.

-Time
Any success with the lighting issue?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #24
SubzeroVR4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/F85 X5M

This could be a '12+ issue across the model line up. In the summer, I parked my 335i in the same spot every day lights were off when I left work at 6pm. When I received a '12 328i and '12 X3 the lights were on. I thought to myself wow the sensor is extremely sensitive. It still needed sunglasses and the sun was still high. At least 3-4 hours before sunset.
'21 Civic Type R
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #25
x6er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x6 35i black on black

2013 X6M here with the same issue. the car has LED lights.... I am so used to BMW flaws and lack of quality that I can't be bothered any more.
I owned 7 BMWs in my driving life and the last 2 were full of problems.
I decided this is my last BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #26
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRKRRK1 View Post
Any success with the lighting issue?
They had the car a week. Honestly I can't fault the dealer at all. They gave me a 12' X5 loaner for the week (seemingly had the same problem). I fault BMW for not acknowledging the issue and providing a solution or an apology.

Here is what I got from the dealer

1. They claimed they never heard this issue before.
2. Then they claimed there was nothing wrong and it was normal.
3. Then they claimed the sun was too low in North America or some nonsense.
4. Then they claimed the senesor needed to be adjusted.
5. Then they claimed it was already at the highest setting.
6. Then they upgraded all of the software modules in the car and tried again.
7. Then they claimed they would bring it up to some regional rep when he was in next.
8. Then they claimed they could do nothing more.

The issue is unresolved. I feel like BMW is treating this as a non-serious issue. This the 3rd thread I've posted on about this and posted on BMW NA's facebook page. I want a response from BMW and an acknowledgement their sensor is faulty.

As far as I'm concerned, this is my last BMW until the issue is fixed. Right now I have my eye on an A7 or Cayenne Diesel as a possible replacement.

-Time
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #27
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
The issue is unresolved. I feel like BMW is treating this as a non-serious issue. This the 3rd thread I've posted on about this and posted on BMW NA's facebook page. I want a response from BMW and an acknowledgement their sensor is faulty.

As far as I'm concerned, this is my last BMW until the issue is fixed. Right now I have my eye on an A7 or Cayenne Diesel as a possible replacement.

-Time
Wow, thats brutal
How is this serious issue?
I'm surprized this topic went this far
Do you guys all think it's a big problem?
I personally wouldnt even bother questioning such thing
And leaving BMW entirely, as a brand, because of this does not make sense to me
Sorry

P.S. I'm sure it will be easy enough to run into some sort of issue with another brand
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #28
x6er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x6 35i black on black

Its not just this issue. I have two 2013 top of line models and both have many quality problems. I love the brand and I have been a faithful client for almost 25 years. For the last 5 years I noticed that BMW is "relaxing" quality control to the point where I know the mechanics in my dealer by their first names.
I am not bothered with many of the inferior technology BMW has for toys because I buy the cars for the way they drive, but I expect a certain degree of quality. I just got a 2013 X6M...a 130K and you should see the fitment of parts! rattle all over in the inside, body parts not aligned on the outside including a door and a rear bumper, squeaky brakes, headlights that come on and off without a logic, camera that malfunction...
To replace the door panel, I waited 3 months for the part and when it arrived, it was the wrong part, so I called customer service to ask that they expedite another part...their answer "nothing they could do!!!"
So, its not just the quality of cars, its the quality of customer service as well.
I don't want to throw a Toyota quality or customer service for a comparison, but..!!
BMW is truly a pleasure to drive but they are sliding on a very steep ramp to GM, Ford and Chrysler destiny and I am very sad see it happen.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 06:37 AM   #29
makdeniss
Lord Vader
Estonia
Rep
Drives: BMW 730Ld

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6er View Post
Its not just this issue. I have two 2013 top of line models and both have many quality problems. I love the brand and I have been a faithful client for almost 25 years. For the last 5 years I noticed that BMW is "relaxing" quality control to the point where I know the mechanics in my dealer by their first names.
I am not bothered with many of the inferior technology BMW has for toys because I buy the cars for the way they drive, but I expect a certain degree of quality. I just got a 2013 X6M...a 130K and you should see the fitment of parts! rattle all over in the inside, body parts not aligned on the outside including a door and a rear bumper, squeaky brakes, headlights that come on and off without a logic, camera that malfunction...
To replace the door panel, I waited 3 months for the part and when it arrived, it was the wrong part, so I called customer service to ask that they expedite another part...their answer "nothing they could do!!!"
So, its not just the quality of cars, its the quality of customer service as well.
I don't want to throw a Toyota quality or customer service for a comparison, but..!!
BMW is truly a pleasure to drive but they are sliding on a very steep ramp to GM, Ford and Chrysler destiny and I am very sad see it happen.
This is true. I'm thinking about Porsche as my next car. I love all the technology and drive, but the quality of BMW is failing. X6 is very noisy in the interior, too much plastics which is not of a premium quality as it should be for this kind of vehicle.