XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-29-2010, 03:34 AM   #1
Rayvkt
Private
Laos
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 xdrive35i

Garage List
DTC Speed limit?

I wonder how fast can you do with the DTC mode on? is there a speed limit or should it be use only when you're driving in rough surfaces or mud or snow etc...

I know that when I'm driving through mountain roads it makes the car very very comfortable and easy to drive.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 04:46 AM   #2
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

DTC has nothing to do with rough surfaces or making the car more comfortable. I think you meant rather Adaptive Drive?

DTC is traction control and antislip when coming out of a fast corner and preventing the car from skidding when doing sudden directional changes - to put it simply.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

DTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayvkt View Post
I wonder how fast can you do with the DTC mode on? is there a speed limit or should it be use only when you're driving in rough surfaces or mud or snow etc...

I know that when I'm driving through mountain roads it makes the car very very comfortable and easy to drive.
DTC is always on,or partially reduced in the X6. Unless u r in a M5, which may be switched off (?)
When u engage the dash button, it switches the threshold of DTC to a lower setting, allowing SOME more wheel slip so ur wheels regain traction on ice/snow/mud. I think it's for situation when all 4 wheels are on ice/snow/mud, all wheels spinning, when u are stuck. It's a mode that allows u to "rock" the car back & forth, with the transmission, when all 4 wheels are in a rut. Similar to what u'd do in a rear wheel drive w/ auto transmission. Or if u want to "drift" the car in a turn.
Read the instruction book or talk to technical guy @ BMW, for more details.

Last edited by archwerks; 03-29-2010 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 10:26 PM   #4
Rayvkt
Private
Laos
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 xdrive35i

Garage List
I see.... thanks for the info guys.
Appreciate 0