XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-26-2015, 04:44 AM   #1
Shahsx
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35d

Question Battery Fraud

Hi,

At the end of 2012 I had the Battery of my BMW changed at a reputable service garage. Over the last year and a half I have been getting the "Increased Discharged" error when ever I start the car.

Anyway a few weeks back I went to remove the battery and to my surprise the battery fitted in the car was totally different to what I had paid for. It was not the correct specs for the car and hence would get drained quickly.

Over the last three years the car has been in three places where they would have had an opportunity to change the battery. I have a BMW X6 35d Nov 2009, would there be any log on the computer that could indicate a battery disconnection/reconnection? Would they be time and date stamps next to the events in the logs?

Can anyone advise how I can use the car computer to identify when the battery would have been disconnected.

Regards,
shahsx
Appreciate 0