XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

01-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
black1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Pure Metal M6GC

Velos Stage 2 tune on the way

Guys I know there are many threads and reviews on this kind of upgrade but I am going to share my experience with this too. I am only a mild modder of my vehicles and this was one of the first things I wanted to do. I am not a super aggressive driver and most of the time only drive in automatic with the M button on. This thing is extremely fast when your foot is to the floor and in paddle shifting or sport mode but for regular driving or non sport mode there just seems like a stall of a couple of seconds and it just feels a bit restricted like it doesn't want to move right away. When it does get going I feel like it's never at it's full potential so we'll see what a difference it will make.

First off I asked the question of price and availability and received a response within a few minutes. After giving my information I got a confirmation and tracking number within the hour and a estimated 2 day delivery to Canada not including the weekend. This is very quick so these guys are awesome to deal with so far. This is important to me in case of any future need for tech support. I'll post up an update when the tuner arrives.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 05:30 PM   #2
protecon
*May contain nuts
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M MCB

Is leaving a glowing recommendation for VELOS on these forums a condition of sale? Do you get a discount?

Seems an unusually frequent activity that people create threads, write a similar "review" then disappear.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 03:21 AM   #3
black1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon View Post
Is leaving a glowing recommendation for VELOS on these forums a condition of sale? Do you get a discount?

Seems an unusually frequent activity that people create threads, write a similar "review" then disappear.
No I'm not leaving a glowing recommendation, no it's not a condition of sale and no there is no discount. If you don't like what you see don't read it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 01:54 PM   #4
black1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Here's the update. The tuner arrived in 2 days which I thought was pretty quick. I sent in my downloaded ECU read and received the modified one back the same day, also very quick. Overall the process was pretty easy with step by step instructions and they were also available to answer my phone calls when I was unsure on a few things. I used a battery charger with a 2 amp trickle option.

So after reading many very positive posts on this tune I was curious as to is it really as good as people say? Are they exaggerating or over analyzing it or can they notice that much of a difference? After the first week of driving I can honestly say that it is absolutely a totally different machine now and is exactly what others have described it to be. In regular driving mode which is how I drive the majority of the time its night and day difference without any delay it's instantly quick, feels faster and rpms are much smoother now, I would say overall it feels twice as good as it was before which is exactly what I was looking for. Switch it to M + Sport or paddle shifting and it is completely insane! Definitely notice the difference, it pulls so hard you can feel it in your chest. I am sure other tuners can accomplish similar results but this one is awesome. I just cant believe how tuned down or restricted these vehicles are from the factory. I found it to be on the high side for price but they did offer me a very good deal and even accommodated for the terrible Canadian dollar right now, but after driving with it, it's totally worth it and I couldn't get these kind of results any other way. If you don't have a tune yet you need to get one ASAP as your not even using any of the vehicles potential yet. I'll report back on fuel mileage improvement when I can stop punching it everywhere, too much fun right now.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 07:41 AM   #5
WallyM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M, R63 AMG, F-450

Quote:

LOL...that is the best one yet. But really I think guys feel so embarrassed that they over paid for the tune that they just need to share.

But the truth is any tune on the S63 is flat amazing. Some companies are just better than other at over charging. Let's be clear they are all over priced, we just have to pick who do we want to take our money.

Omar does a great job pushing his product. But you do have options:

ActiveAutowerks: $ 1199.00 plus 10% off this Labor Day weekend
86 RearWheel HP
117 Ft lb of Torque
http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...ware-p150.aspx

Eurocharged:$ 1199.00
85 RearWheel HP
110 Ft lb of Torque
http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...-tuning-detail

Velos: $ 2250.00
80HP @4550 rpm
120lb ft of torque @ 4550 rpm
Based on Dyno graph on their website
http://velosdesignwerks.com/tuning/i...mance-software

Dinan $ 2999.00
55 RWHP
75lbs ft lb
http://dinancars.com/product/d900-44...ries&mid=1136/

VF Hex Tuning
Stage 1 (gain approx 75hp/100tq) USD $1695.
Stage 2 (gain approx 120hp/170tq) USD $2295.
http://vf-engineering.com/x5x6-m/

ESS Tuning $ 1695.00
Horsepower 45
Torque: 110
http://www.esstuning.com/products/ES...-Software.html

G-Power $ 3958.80 euros.......
105HP
104 FT lb of Torque
http://www.g-power.com/artikelbeschr...-m-e70_715.php
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 12:10 PM   #6
black1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

[QUOTE=WallyM5;19313192]LOL...that is the best one yet. But really I think guys feel so embarrassed that they over paid for the tune that they just need to share.

Actually with the discount they are offering I'm really ok with what I paid and it's now very comparable to what the others are priced at.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 03:40 PM   #7
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by black1 View Post
Guys I know there are many threads and reviews on this kind of upgrade but I am going to share my experience with this too. I am only a mild modder of my vehicles and this was one of the first things I wanted to do. I am not a super aggressive driver and most of the time only drive in automatic with the M button on. This thing is extremely fast when your foot is to the floor and in paddle shifting or sport mode but for regular driving or non sport mode there just seems like a stall of a couple of seconds and it just feels a bit restricted like it doesn't want to move right away. When it does get going I feel like it's never at it's full potential so we'll see what a difference it will make.

First off I asked the question of price and availability and received a response within a few minutes. After giving my information I got a confirmation and tracking number within the hour and a estimated 2 day delivery to Canada not including the weekend. This is very quick so these guys are awesome to deal with so far. This is important to me in case of any future need for tech support. I'll post up an update when the tuner arrives.

I wanted to say thank you for your kind words. Hope you enjoy your vehicle in good health and I appreciate your feedback! Customer service and peace of mind can't be bought.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 10:03 AM   #8
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:

The X5M market happens to be one of our strongest market and the one we have spent the most time on, the forum is an amazing place to gather information but many times we find clients do not frequent the forums because of this. We never mentioned this and few have pointed it out but we go above and beyond for our clients and I are greatly appreciative of those who leave a review. On another note we have sold a good amount of upgrades to clients in Australia who have also noted our customer service and pointed out the positive. Forums, much like society are quick to bring people down but leaving a positive comment is frowned upon when it happens in great numbers.

Let me be the first to say THANK YOU to everyone who takes the time out of their personal life to share a positive experience they had.

p.s. I will personally give you an amazing price if you document your entire experience with us, it only makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black1 View Post
Here's the update. The tuner arrived in 2 days which I thought was pretty quick. I sent in my downloaded ECU read and received the modified one back the same day, also very quick. Overall the process was pretty easy with step by step instructions and they were also available to answer my phone calls when I was unsure on a few things. I used a battery charger with a 2 amp trickle option.

So after reading many very positive posts on this tune I was curious as to is it really as good as people say? Are they exaggerating or over analyzing it or can they notice that much of a difference? After the first week of driving I can honestly say that it is absolutely a totally different machine now and is exactly what others have described it to be. In regular driving mode which is how I drive the majority of the time its night and day difference without any delay it's instantly quick, feels faster and rpms are much smoother now, I would say overall it feels twice as good as it was before which is exactly what I was looking for. Switch it to M + Sport or paddle shifting and it is completely insane! Definitely notice the difference, it pulls so hard you can feel it in your chest. I am sure other tuners can accomplish similar results but this one is awesome. I just cant believe how tuned down or restricted these vehicles are from the factory. I found it to be on the high side for price but they did offer me a very good deal and even accommodated for the terrible Canadian dollar right now, but after driving with it, it's totally worth it and I couldn't get these kind of results any other way. If you don't have a tune yet you need to get one ASAP as your not even using any of the vehicles potential yet. I'll report back on fuel mileage improvement when I can stop punching it everywhere, too much fun right now.

Good to hear! This is not always the case as we are human, sometimes we are behind in orders and sometimes we miss an email with a file. Regardless we always come through and we are there for our clients. (Just pointing out we do make mistakes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyM5 View Post
LOL...that is the best one yet. But really I think guys feel so embarrassed that they over paid for the tune that they just need to share.

But the truth is any tune on the S63 is flat amazing. Some companies are just better than other at over charging. Let's be clear they are all over priced, we just have to pick who do we want to take our money.

Omar does a great job pushing his product.
The rest of us aren't bad either!? JK Thanks for the kind words. I think a lot of people leave out the things they do not hear about, we make ourselves available for any issues at any time of day, have done programming on Saturdays and Sundays to fit into a clients schedule, etc. These are the things you do not hear about as well as the amount of forum members and other individuals who have switched from other companies to ours and rave about the difference. We are simply here trying to provide a better product for the community and follow through with the service.

We respect and value each and everyone one of the forum members and without you this would not be possible.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 08:29 PM   #9
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
I paid no where near $2250 and got the handheld flasher and stage2+ tune. I paid less than all the above other than the Eurocharged tune. I was never asked or urged to push the product. I inquired and was responded to with a great price. The reasons Velos customers post here regarding our experiences, or at least speaking for myself, are; The service was great, sales were friendly and prompt, and most of all to let the rest of the x5/6m owners know that the tune works and works very well.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 09:40 AM   #10
Dr.Duct_Mossburg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Gray · E70 X5M

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye 535i View Post
I paid no where near $2250 and got the handheld flasher and stage2+ tune. I paid less than all the above other than the Eurocharged tune. I was never asked or urged to push the product. I inquired and was responded to with a great price. The reasons Velos customers post here regarding our experiences, or at least speaking for myself, are; The service was great, sales were friendly and prompt, and most of all to let the rest of the x5/6m owners know that the tune works and works very well.
Well said.

Last edited by Dr.Duct_Mossburg; 02-28-2016 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #11
Dr.Duct_Mossburg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Gray · E70 X5M

Quote:

86 RearWheel HP
117 Ft lb of Torque

85 RearWheel HP
110 Ft lb of Torque

80HP @4550 rpm

Dinan $ 2999.00
55 RWHP
75lbs ft lb

VF Hex Tuning

ESS Tuning $ 1695.00
Horsepower 45

105HP
104 FT lb of Torque
I find this funny.. I guess if you're paying sticker but Omar runs holiday and early bird specials for this board and the price is.... impossible to pass up.
      02-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #12
black1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Duct_Mossburg View Post
I find this funny.. I guess if you're paying sticker but Omar runs holiday and early bird specials for this board and the price is.... impossible to pass up.
I did also get a great price for this tune but it had nothing to do with posting up a review.

Quick update though since I've had this for about a month now, where I used to drive this as a daily driver on automatic with the m on with this tune I now drive in sport m button and paddle shift all the time. I honestly look forward to getting in every time even If it's a short drive. This thing feels like a lightweight sports vehicle now with tons of power, very fun to drive. As for the fuel mileage I'm using the same amount of fuel driving in full power mode aggressively with paddles as I was before when driving in regular automatic mode. This improvement I am definitely satisfied with.

Recently though I had a camera malfunction warning come on even with all my cameras working so when I went to the dealer they reprogrammed my ride back to stock while deleting this error. I am waiting on Omar to help me put the tune back on but in the mean time I can say that it drives very reserved and the best way to describe it is you watch the rpms go up but it feels like it is hardly even moving forward and without much pull at all. Can't believe the factory restricts these things to this extreme can't possibly be efficient. Of course in full power mode and paddles it is a lot better but no where near what it was before. The only positive on this is I was able to go back to stock to compare again the difference.

Last edited by black1; 02-29-2016 at 04:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 09:09 PM   #13
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2016

I have purchased Velos 3 years ago for $1200, was a good deal for it money, but not a good tool to upload software and etc, tech support from Velos was a big problem, he was rarely available, and his instructions how to flash the car almost cost me entire ecu brains.

I'd never buy again from him.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 07:48 AM   #14
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye 535i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAxDEATH(NYC) View Post
I have purchased Velos 3 years ago for $1200, was a good deal for it money, but not a good tool to upload software and etc, tech support from Velos was a big problem, he was rarely available, and his instructions how to flash the car almost cost me entire ecu brains.

I'd never buy again from him.
Quote:

Actually with the discount they are offering I'm really ok with what I paid and it's now very comparable to what the others are priced at.

Point of the forum is to share feedback on one another vehicles, post tips and advice, and learn from one another.. this also includes both positive and negative reviews of vendors which I respect and use as an education tool for our team to try and keep us out of those situations. As I said before we are not perfect but always do our best and only strive to get better. The X5M community is one of the closest on the forums and we enjoy sharing the passion with the fellow enthusiasts
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #15
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:

86 RearWheel HP
117 Ft lb of Torque

85 RearWheel HP
110 Ft lb of Torque

80HP @4550 rpm

Dinan $ 2999.00
55 RWHP
75lbs ft lb

VF Hex Tuning

ESS Tuning $ 1695.00
Horsepower 45

105HP
104 FT lb of Torque
What does BMS (Burger Motorsports) claim for their Stage I S63 tune?

I know it's piggy-back vs flash tunes but I'm curious.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #16
Number11
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i/2008 TBSS/1996 Z28

Also interested in JB tune info.

I was extremely pleased with my JB4 on my 135i. Amazing power and ease of install and interface. I would love to have the same on my X6M.

Burgertuning website does claim claim 30-50 whp, which would be in line with 80ish crank hp.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 12:42 PM   #17
titanle
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 Activehybrid

I think this guy was just happy about buying a tune lol. I remember back when i got my ess tune and I'm sure i was blabbing out it on the forum as well.

Black1 do you ever come out to White Rock?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 08:29 AM   #18
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number11 View Post
Also interested in JB tune info.

I was extremely pleased with my JB4 on my 135i. Amazing power and ease of install and interface. I would love to have the same on my X6M.

Burgertuning website does claim claim 30-50 whp, which would be in line with 80ish crank hp.
Pretty sure its not relative to the E7X platform. S63B44O0 vs S63B44T0.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 10:28 AM   #19
black1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanle View Post
I think this guy was just happy about buying a tune lol. I remember back when i got my ess tune and I'm sure i was blabbing out it on the forum as well.

Black1 do you ever come out to White Rock?
Yes, definitely happy about just getting a tune. I had it off for a couple of weeks from a dealer service and really didn't like how it drove at all, actually really bothered me for a while lol.

Not usually out in White Rock but was thinking of heading out to the beach with the kids this weekend. Would be awesome to see your ride out there, really tempted to lower mine and seeing one lowered would help. You should come out to the Market Crossing car and bike meet every Thursday there's a huge turnout of all types of rides.
Appreciate 0