XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
Alaskan318TI
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1996 BMW 318TI

Purchasing my first X5

Hello

My very first purchase of a X5 and i have a lot of questions to ask. I currently own my second 318TI and love it to death, I love BMW in general and I promised my wife a X5. So what are somethings to look for when i go to look at this X5 tomorrow. I know of the transmission and a leaking sunroof but what else should i be looking for. thanks in advance for your advice
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 03:58 AM   #2
pieter1
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 4.8is

I hope it does not have an air suspension, then you will end up with endless problems.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter1 View Post
I hope it does not have an air suspension, then you will end up with endless problems.
The e70 air suspension is fine, e53 can have a few problems but that's due to age of the vehicle.

I have had four e70 x5's with level ride suspension and the only problem I have had is with the early adoption for the adaptive drive from the front hydraulic/electronic swaybar, early models used to get a clunk in the frontend due excesive play in the swaybar which was later fixed with a revised swaybar.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0