XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
MaddogMurray
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 3.0i

BMW X5 - Air Suspension Problem

Hi Everyone ...

About a month ago after electrical failure I discovered water in the battery box under the spare tyre in the boot. Ruined nearly all the modules (TV, Amp, Trafficmaster and Air-Suspension Module), which have been replaced and now working.

However, still having problems with my air suspension. The X5 is currently sitting on its bumper stops. I have tried several air-suspension modules but every time I connect it the 30amp (No87) blows and there is no action from the pump. Can't understand why it keeps blowing because it was working fine before the electrical failure. Can anyone help me with this issue PLEASE ....
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
m3the01
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 AW-CI 35d aka Snow White

Tough to trace, the system is grounding somewhere.

Thank goodness for the fuse, or else u would be in serious troubles.

Ur going to have to trace the modules back,

How did u get water in there?
      02-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
juan2 3
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3the01
Tough to trace, the system is grounding somewhere.

Thank goodness for the fuse, or else u would be in serious troubles.

Ur going to have to trace the modules back,

How did u get water in there?
I had the same problem with my 535xi wagon. Many of the Panoramic Roofed cars have problems with drains plugging up causing water to redirect and the boot to fill up with water. My dealership has a drain cleaning special every year. Poor design. I just bought a X5d, drain cleaning will be part if my annual service.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 05:43 AM   #4
pieter1
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 4.8is

I also experience problems with the air suspension on my e53 4.8is. My problem is similar to all other posted on this forum (eg, Pump is not kicking in, no power on the suspension relay, error message on display, switch LED is stuck on normal, Pump does work, all fuses works, Control box is suspect, etc). Pump only works on direct link to battery and there is no power at the relay in the back compartment.

After a dealership reset the problem repeats itself after 3 days.

My problem is the following:

If there is a leak on one or more of the air springs (wheels) or pipeline, then the vehicle is supposed to drop to a a point. Where is this point?

The vehicle stays on the same height for the last 3 weeks, with an inactive air suspension. The measured distance from the bottom of the rim to the week arch is between 695-700mm on all four wheels. Is this the lowest it can go and what is the normal height?
Appreciate 0