XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #1
str8shot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 Montego Blue 135i

Unhappy BMW Connected Drive and Apps

Have a new to me 2012 X5 Premium.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out, and I'm a pretty technical person (can code the car and such).

Anyone know how to get BMW apps to work?

I have the following options:

S609A Navigation system Professional
S615A Expanded BMW Online Information
S620A Voice control
S639A Preparation f mobile phone cpl. USA/CDN
S645A BMW US Radio
S677A HiFi System Professional DSP
S693A Preparation BMW satellite radio
S697A Area-Code 1 for DVD
S6AAA BMW TeleServices
S6ABA Control for Teleservices
S6FLA USB/Audio interface
S6NFA Music interface for Smartphone
S6NRA Apps
S6UHA Traffic Information
S6VCA Control for Combox

Anyone know how to access BMW online, etc? I have bluetooth tethering enabled on my phone, but keep getting an notice to activate bluetooth data services.

Is there a walk through somewhere? Google is fruitless.
08 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // Custom E30 tune // str8shot bluetooth enabled ECA // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downpipes // VRSF 7" FMIC // Injen intake // Berk ceramic exhaust // OEM 550i clutch // MFactory single mass flywheel // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless brake lines // Turner 15mm spacers
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 05:31 PM   #2
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35D

Same as Mercedes Command (2011-2016) the online feature never worked on canadian spec. (Both on Android and iPhone). Also BMW already ditched the E series CIC connected drive so their apps only work for iphone, android is completely dead. That's the reason why I am getting rid of the whole CIC system in my car and taking over the whole Body bus myself to make my e70 not only have online ability also have factory like remote start.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 09:21 AM   #3
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

My WVI states BMW Apps is 06NR for a May 2013 X5M. The previous owner disconnected the combox...I had a latest version installed a few months back ($870.69 total, of which $443.19 was for the combox part), coded, and signed up for the subscription ($200/yr) for connected drive. I still can't get bmw online. The BMW Connected app works and I can send addresses, lock/unlock, and find my vehicle...but they removed scheduling the interior vent feature (used to have a 2013 3.5 and the app had the feature then)...In the vehicle I can access bmw apps such as laptimer, etc. They tried to get my iphone 7 to work with a new universal snap in adapter for iphones, but they concluded iphone7 was not compatible...

SO, I've moved on to the AVIN USA unit. See thread on this forum for details. Bottom line, it's perfect if used solely for the larger screen and oem menus only...I've had intermittent luck with the rest (android and apple carplay)...I continue to work on it.
      02-28-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

I have a 2012 model also. Really Disappointing. No idea what half the BMW Connected & Apps menu items do, and they don't seem to work anyway. Even though in the Service menu itself it lists them and says they are all operational.
And very hard to find accurate info on a 2012 etc model on the internet or on any BMW site.
But from what I gather here and elsewhere none of it works, especially for an Android phone. So I just use regular BT for phone calls, and a separate device (USB flash drive) for music plugged into the armrest usb port. Do not use any other apps or anything.

EDIT:
I just perused the BMW apps in Google Play to see what was out there, and I see a BMW App that is for 2014 and newer, and a "Classic" version that is good for some 2013 vehicles... Neither one would be for me (or OP) and they Both got TERRIBLE reviews from all reviewers. Tons of issues.
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star

Last edited by heatmizr; 02-28-2018 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 0