XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

X6 headlight height adjustment

Hey guys, I noticed when driving my dad's car that the headlight throw was a bit low. The same was the case for my 135i after I lowered it but I was able to readjust the default height via two white dials on top of the headlight modules.

The car has headlight auto-leveling yes, but this is to set the default height that the car levels to on flat ground. I've found 4 white dials around the headlight units, but 2 of them are completely inaccessible due to crap in the engine bay.

Anyone done this before on an X6?

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
There should be little dial on each side next to headlight unit to adjust default level
Simply take flat screwdriver and turn it until desirable result achieved
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
Doenermann
Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: mostly, but walks occasionally

Garage List
2018 530e  [0.00]
I was just outside trying to adjust mine. The location of the vertical adjustment is a PITA as the screws are a very soft plastic and cannot be reached at a 90 degree angle with a scew driver. Trial and error method underway, I accidentally adjusted my passenger side headlight horizontally and sort of got it back to where it was (this is how I knew which which scew is not vertical adjustment), and I noticed my passenger side vertical adjustment screw was already damaged at the head.

Anyway, now the lights no longer line up properly and I'm afraid to adjust them anymore in fear of stripping that damaged screw completely. The only reason I even touched them was because the dealer said they were fine and didn't adjust them, when I have complained at almost every visit in the past year....and every loaner car they ever gave me had "higher" properly ajusted lights. Now I guess it is off to the dealer again and have them align everything, and also convince them that one of their techs damamged the passenger side adjustment, not I. Ugh...

/end rant
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
polar993
Legend
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6 Gran Coupe

I just installed new Xenon D1S bulbs on my 2012 X6, and the angle of the lights is way too low. I tried adjusting them and also got the same result that the nylon screw head is very easily stripped! I turned the screws but found that they vertical adjustment didn't move at all.

Very frustrating. Will be taking it to the dealer.

Do you think the new bulbs could have affected the beam angle?
Appreciate 0