XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
catgo
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 3.0d

Problems with mp3 / cd player 2007 X5

Hello Im new to the forum and was wondering if I could get some help regarding my cd/mp3 player on my 07 X5. Recently, I've been having some problems playing my cd's/mp3's on my car. When the disc is first inserted (mp3) it plays well, but after a while it stops and displays a message that reads something like "media type is unreadable or unsupported" and it starts searching for the next track. If i eject the cd and re-insert it, I'm usually ok for another 10-15 mins or a few tracks.

I tried playing an original, .wav cd and it played much much better, but after about 45 mins I got the same message again. I noticed that the more tracks I add to the mp3 cd, the worst it plays. I've used TDK and Maxell Cd-r's and recored them everywhere from 2x - 12x speeds using a late model Macbook Pro.

Could this be caused by dirt on the lens, or is this a failure that can't be repaired. Also, does anyone happen to know where I can find disassembly instructions to remove the cd player and have it professionally cleaned?

Thanks
Appreciate 0