XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #23
MarcoM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 X4 M40i, 2015 M4 Coupe

Update since last post:
Got the Contis, had them installed and have been driving for about a week. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!
The ride is so much smoother, better road feel and amazingly quieter. Too bad I had to find out about this alternative after two previous sets of run-flats. Love it!

On a side note, I had also ordered the ContiComfort kit from The Tirerack, but the rep call me and advised agaisnt it. He said using the kit would damage the TPM sensor, which is expensive to replace. I decided to cancel that purchase and just go with the tires.
My M3 came in with the Mmobility kit, which I think is the same as the Conticomfort kit, and the car has TPM sensors. This now has me confused...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 08:50 PM   #24
dom_cmh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoM3 View Post
Update since last post:
Got the Contis, had them installed and have been driving for about a week. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!
The ride is so much smoother, better road feel and amazingly quieter. Too bad I had to find out about this alternative after two previous sets of run-flats. Love it!

On a side note, I had also ordered the ContiComfort kit from The Tirerack, but the rep call me and advised agaisnt it. He said using the kit would damage the TPM sensor, which is expensive to replace. I decided to cancel that purchase and just go with the tires.
My M3 came in with the Mmobility kit, which I think is the same as the Conticomfort kit, and the car has TPM sensors. This now has me confused...
Glad you like the Contis. I just put the same on my X5 w/ 20" staggered. The DWS 06 is an awesome tire. I'm just excited for those painted lines to wear off of mine! Probably the only time I've wished for tire wear.

Not sure about the ContiComfort kit. Sounds like their version of fix-a-flat. I used that stuff one time and got chewed out from the tire repair guy who had to clean it all out before he patched my tire on an old car. I guess I could see how it would mess with a tire pressure monitor considering it's a bunch of wet goo.

Summer Fun - 2016 F80 M3 | Tanzanite | Black FULL Leather | 6MT | Executive | Lighting | Driver Assist | Adaptive Suspension | 19" Black Wheels | Black Grills & Sides | Roof
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 12:21 AM   #25
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

I am using Nitto Motivo all-seasons, great tire.

Another member used it for light offroading in the sand