XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Toneaero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Replacement Door trim?

I normally park my car where I know people wouldn't park next to. Well, the parking lot was full that day and the inevitable happened. My first door ding....

Luckily, the door trim did the job from keeping a dent off my sheet metal. Now my question is where I can purchase a replacement trim piece? Is it just foam taped on? Still very mad and the guy/gal who did it was lucky I didn't see them do it.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Here is what I did with my door trim. They aren't cheap about 60 US dollars a door. But painted mine to get some contrast on the black paint
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneaero
I normally park my car where I know people wouldn't park next to. Well, the parking lot was full that day and the inevitable happened. My first door ding....

Luckily, the door trim did the job from keeping a dent off my sheet metal. Now my question is where I can purchase a replacement trim piece? Is it just foam taped on? Still very mad and the guy/gal who did it was lucky I didn't see them do it.

Getbmwparts.com and its easy to replace its got clips with double sided tape. Use heat gun if your nervous about pulling the paint.
Appreciate 0