XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
joejoe3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW x5 xDrive30i

CIC Sirius Retrofit Review - Bimmertech

Hi,

First of all, just wanted to say Hi as I recently purchased a CPO 2010 x5 30i.

One of the two things I wanted to do was update the Maps (*vehicle came with 09 maps) and have sirius installed.

First shoutout is to dracon who guided me through the 2014 map upgrade, got me a FSC map code for an awesome price and I updated the map without issues. He also helped identified that my CIC headunit already has sirius built in, and just require another FSC code to activiate it; however, this required coding and also a sirius FSC code that he couldn't get his hands on. On top of that, dracon went out of his way to supply me with documenation and information that helped me understand the CIC better. He's definately a gem for this community!

At first I was referred to another vendor by him, but that group failed to impress me with their lack of knowledge to my situation. Upon doing more research, I've decided to turn to Patryk at bimmer-tech.

All it took was one email with my vin for them to confirm sirius is built in, just like darcon had said. I went on their website and purchased the sirius retrofit, and they shipped me a K+DCAN usb cable via DHL that arrived in a week. Service was great, I had to pay $70CDN of duty, but since you get to keep the cable, it's basically a wash.

Patryk confirmed to me that sirius will be coded to the VO, and will have no future impact when I continue to code my car down the road. He sent me a list of software to download and a remote coder to work with via skype. Booking the appointment with the coder was easy, IM him on skype and setup for a 10am saturday appointment. He sent me links to the software I needed to download, so I installed it on my newly formatted computer and off we go.

Saturday comes around, it's 9:30am and the coder is already online. I had my iphone linked on skype as every instruction was done via IM (no video needed). Granted him access to my PC, turned on the ignition and plug in the K+DCAN cable. I watched the PC screen, sipping my coffee while he works his magic. Obviously you don't see him do the coding, but my screen never went black as to what some other reviewers are saying. In about 15 minutes time, everything is done, I see my CIC restart and a ESN generated in the sirius section. Thanked him for his time, called sirius and had it activiated with 1 year free service.

So happy with the service, Patryk even email me back as a follow up and asked how everything went. Awesome! I told him I'll post a review to benefit this community. He was also nice enough to offer me a map update for using his services, and when I told him I already have the latest map version, he offer to code something for me if I wish.

Very positive experience, and definately recommending them to others
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
nonford
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, 2019 X3

Yea, these guys are the Bomb! I did my rear view camera retrofit through them and was totally impressed with them. Superb vendor!!!!
Appreciate 0