XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
X5 Copa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

X5 Dinan Stages I and II Engine Software

Hi All,
I recently went for Dinan Stages I and II Engine Software in my 2011 50i, and I am trying to get my head around the changes. Without a dyno or some track time, alot of judging the results is obviously subjective. One thing is certain: A significant power increase in the power band, both HP and Torque. The tach can't really even keep up during manual shifting. Love that! What is more difficult for me to judge is the low end. I know that Stage II is all about the low end and "off the line". I would really like to drive a stock 50i now and get a side-by-side feel compared to my rig, but I don't personally know anyone driving one around here.
Anyway, I would swear that it feels like I am experiencing increased "turbo lag" or "throttle sluggishness" at low RPMs, but I very well may be wrong. I am thinking that it could be that the acceleration curve is flatter now, so there is a less distinct feeling of "rush" when I hit the power band? I dunno. Maybe I am just being psycho.
Anyway, does any one know of a way to check the results of the Dinan Stage I and Stage II? Have there been any stories of issues installing this stuff, possibly requiring a re-flash? Any other thoughts?
Many thanx!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
X5 Copa
Enlisted Member
Rep

Like, is it a jack rabbit right of the line? It is there a sluggish partial second before it throws your head back?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
X5 Copa
Enlisted Member
Rep

Sorry for the typos. Late night from the phone.
Appreciate 0