XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-12-2024, 09:17 AM   #1
gearheadx77
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E61 M5 Touring, E38 750i

F30 NBT Touchscreen Display Monitor on a G30 iD6 EVO HU?

Hi all,

Posting this in the general forum since these parts span multiple models. I'm about to attempt to retrofit one of the late-model NBT EVO head units (HW 4, iD6) in my E61 M5. Given that most of those later models were for the likes of the G30, the display screens they came with were largely the 10.25", which is going to be too large to mount in my E61 dash. I'm going to instead try to pair up this more modern head unit with one of the older 8.8" touch screen displays that came on the likes of the F30 or F82 cars. Those displays seem to have been made by Alpine for BMW.

Does anyone have experience pairing these two together? Do you know if it will be plug & play? Or if the NBT EVO iD6 HW4 head unit will need to be specifically coded to work with that monitor?

Lastly, looking for even more intimate knowledge of these touchscreens: has anyone attempted to take one apart in order to mount one in the E6x/E9x display sunshade housing? I know others have done it with 8.8" NBT displays in general, but I don't really know if it's been done with the touch screen versions, and if it makes any real difference.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0