XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

[Need Experts] CEL on X5M

Hi everyone,
I hope this is not the fuel injector issue because when the car is under warratty, the stealership refuse to replace all 8 of them. The factory warranty expired on Sep 2014.
So everything now i have to pay out of my pocket. the fault code was 29E0, 29E1.
related to the mixture control. It usualy shown NOT PRESENT.
So, I have the ISID to diagnosis the problem which caused by the low pressure fuel sensor. It got replaced by my mechanic. Also, the spark plugs were replaced into the new one. But the fault code from the engine still show up after a while like 20-30 miles driving distance.
29E0- mixture control ==>present. Our computer is not good enough to identify the problem.
and I'm waiting for the 2nd diagnosis with ISID. I wish it is not the fuel injectors caused the issue. It have to remove so many hose and breaking the engine bay apart.

The recent repair cost a lot because the hose with the air duct sucks, it was crackling.

The car has downpipe and running velo tune, I dont really want to go back to the dealership in NYC.

If anyone knows any good dealership around the tri-state area, can help solve the annoying little light on the dashboard. Please let me know.
Attached Images

Last edited by theonesupreme; 12-06-2014 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5m

I would suggest moving on man. I had to from mine, i was having CEL issues like crazy. Dealership replaced plugs and injectors and i was still having issues. Finally came to the conclusion the truck needed a new motor. I dumped it immediately. I was bummed to see it go and extremely happy at the same time. I must have had a bad one but it spent most of the time in the shop for one thing or another. From my experience I wont be buying bmw again.
The dealership that took my truck on trade in couldnt fix it either... now it is sitting in the bronx lol.
      12-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
MRV99
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP / 2017 RRS SC

Garage List
2017 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
If you have had issues in the past before warranty which the Dealership would not correct, I would have no problems asking for a good will repair. My SA told me on an issue that I was having with my M3 to report the same occurring issue during warranty so if the issue is reported shortly after the warranty period, there is a chance it will be covered.

I had a E53 which had starter issues. Every 15 or 20 times I would start the car it would grind or just kinda start and then crap out. I complained about it a bunch of times and I got the "working as designed" 5 months after the warranty period past, the starter would do it every 3-5 times. Brought it in and complained, They initially said it would not be covered. I then showed then SA the 4-5 work orders from past times the car was in the shop and highlighted that I made mention of this every time. The dealer agreed that It should have been taken care of and I was granted a good will repair on BMW.

17 M3 ZCP -- 2017 Range Rover Sport SC
--RIP--
12 X5 50i Sport -- 11 M3 DCT -- 2011 X5 50i(Lemon) -- 2008 550 Msport -- 2007 x5 4.8 sport -- 2004 545 sport -- 2002 x5 4.4 sport -- 2001 540i Msport 2000 SL500 -- 1997 SL500
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
sergeny1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4C

I got to indi shop that only deal with BMW/Mercedes - call Mike 347-439-5413. He is located in Glendale NY. He got all the tool and knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #5
Poppyboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 3.5i w/ SA Package

Garage List
1976 Triumph TR6  [10.00]
1993 Bentley Turbo R  [10.00]
2011 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
If you have had issues in the past before warranty which the Dealership would not correct, I would have no problems asking for a good will repair. My SA told me on an issue that I was having with my M3 to report the same occurring issue during warranty so if the issue is reported shortly after the warranty period, there is a chance it will be covered.

I had a E53 which had starter issues. Every 15 or 20 times I would start the car it would grind or just kinda start and then crap out. I complained about it a bunch of times and I got the "working as designed" 5 months after the warranty period past, the starter would do it every 3-5 times. Brought it in and complained, They initially said it would not be covered. I then showed then SA the 4-5 work orders from past times the car was in the shop and highlighted that I made mention of this every time. The dealer agreed that It should have been taken care of and I was granted a good will repair on BMW.
That is EXACTLY my situation. The starter makes that noise every once in a while. I expressed concern to the dealership on multiple occasions while under warranty, but wasn't able to replicate it for them. They said they have documented the issue, and if it escalates during a "reasonable period of time after warranty expiration", they would "take care" of it. I will have NO hesitation going back to them for that.

Last edited by Poppyboy; 12-17-2014 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post

Good to know but i have so many mods on the car at this point. dealer wont do anything

I have purchased a ISID from china, using that to check everything and work with my guys.
      12-17-2014, 04:48 PM   #7
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimshorts View Post
I would suggest moving on man. I had to from mine, i was having CEL issues like crazy. Dealership replaced plugs and injectors and i was still having issues. Finally came to the conclusion the truck needed a new motor. I dumped it immediately. I was bummed to see it go and extremely happy at the same time. I must have had a bad one but it spent most of the time in the shop for one thing or another. From my experience I wont be buying bmw again.
The dealership that took my truck on trade in couldnt fix it either... now it is sitting in the bronx lol.
new engine?
      12-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #8
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonesupreme View Post
new engine?
That is probably what it will take. They couldnt find the issue and my tech told me to move on from it. They had it for almost a month and the same issues kept coming back. Truck was no longer under warranty and it had given me so many headaches it just wasnt worth it anymore.
      12-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #9
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That is probably what it will take. They couldnt find the issue and my tech told me to move on from it. They had it for almost a month and the same issues kept coming back. Truck was no longer under warranty and it had given me so many headaches it just wasnt worth it anymore.
it is drive-able or limb mode?
      12-23-2014, 06:47 AM   #10
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonesupreme View Post
it is drive-able or limb mode?
It wasnt constantly going into limp mode upon starting it up and getting to 4000rpm. It was terrifying to drive. I live on a road where the speed limit is 50mph. I pulled out a few days in a row to have it go straight into limp mode. I would pull over restart it and baby it to work. Shit was close a few times.
      12-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #11
nachilus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 x5 4.8

Quote:
what did you or going to get next?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #12
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachilus View Post
He traded in the car and let the dealer have fun about it.

My car didn't go into limb mode but i decided to change the fuel injectors
Attached Images

12-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #13
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
How do you know it's sitting in the Bronx?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #14
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachilus View Post
Went slower which I'm a little bummed about but I grabbed a 2012 Jeep SRT8. I'm extremely happy with it, a bit of a downgrade in technology but I think it makes up for it in other areas. The blower kits are cheaper and easy to maintain if I ever go that route.
      12-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #15
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
How do you know it's sitting in the Bronx?
I kept my eye on it knowing it was broken I wanted to see what the dealer was going to do with it. They had it on autotrader a few weeks after I sold it to them. The CEL was back in the pictures. When I was dealing with them they really wanted it on their lot, it was a chevy dealer and they like having a few BMWs sitting around. I checked it again and it was removed. But I widened my search and boom there she was at a "Euro" dealer in the bronx. A place that usually grabs super cars and exotics at auction. They didnt have a price on it though when I looked.
      05-07-2017, 06:47 AM   #16
vioilio
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5M

Any update on this?
Appreciate 0