XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-08-2017, 10:55 PM   #23
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkblk View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Except I dont want nav. I just want the larger screen and blue tooth and bluetooth audio and mirroring. Can it be done? Would it be alright to just get the CIC screen off ebay?
The unit that runs the larger screen uses navi so you get the navi for free as it where.

The bigger screen does not come without navi, the hardware you have will have to be changed out for the navi hardware if you want the bigger screen to work. Can't have one without the other.

I just bought the new EVO system, definitely not cheap, but I will have a full navi CIC system out of my 2012 x5 if your interested will give you a killer offer . Will be installing it in a month or two. It will also come with combox and satellite radio.

The nice thing about the bigger screen is he split window, get to run two things at the same time. And DVDs play full screen as the screen is sized right so no black bars.

Also from the looks of it don't think the small screen trucks had the auxiliary cameras in the mirrors or rear camera not sure. Now some of these can be retrofitted later with the newer CIC system. It's the only way to go if you want all possible options, even doing the f15 EVO system you do loose some functionality.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 01:42 PM   #24
jayhawkblk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
The unit that runs the larger screen uses navi so you get the navi for free as it where.

The bigger screen does not come without navi, the hardware you have will have to be changed out for the navi hardware if you want the bigger screen to work. Can't have one without the other.

I just bought the new EVO system, definitely not cheap, but I will have a full navi CIC system out of my 2012 x5 if your interested will give you a killer offer . Will be installing it in a month or two. It will also come with combox and satellite radio.

The nice thing about the bigger screen is he split window, get to run two things at the same time. And DVDs play full screen as the screen is sized right so no black bars.

Also from the looks of it don't think the small screen trucks had the auxiliary cameras in the mirrors or rear camera not sure. Now some of these can be retrofitted later with the newer CIC system. It's the only way to go if you want all possible options, even doing the f15 EVO system you do loose some functionality.
Just hit me up when you make that move an shoot me a price and lets see what we can work out.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 01:53 PM   #25
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: || E70 35i | R32 GTR ||

Very nice purchase man

Will you do a full DIY of the project or are you having a shop/someone install the NBT Evo?

Quote:

2010 E90 335i 1M FBO MHD Tune (SOLD)
2009 E92 335i FBO JB4 G5 ISO (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #26
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E70'11 View Post
Very nice purchase man

Will you do a full DIY of the project or are you having a shop/someone install the NBT Evo?

Quote:

Yea I can do that, used to do full write ups on the z4 forum a few years ago. It's an 8 HR job for the professional installer so I recon it will take a while.

I'll figure something out and do a post when it's done. . The 100 page instructions they send you is total engineer talk and might as well be written in lawyer!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 02:46 PM   #27
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep

Well hopefully you have some background with electrical work to where it's not that bad or intense. Of course if you can, if not then we shall all pay these shops

Quote:
Yea I can do that, used to do full write ups on the z4 forum a few years ago. It's an 8 HR job for the professional installer so I recon it will take a while.

I'll figure something out and do a post when it's done. . The 100 page instructions they send you is total engineer talk and might as well be written in lawyer!!!

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #28
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E70'11 View Post
Well hopefully you have some background with electrical work to where it's not that bad or intense. Of course if you can, if not then we shall all pay these shops

Quote:

Well when I retrofitted the navigation in my z4 I literally had to design and create my own wiring harness using OEM connectors and wiring so it looks stock but man never again !!!

This is more plug and play but just time consuming.

Paying a shop to do it would rocket this mod to way over 3k dollars to even close to 4K depending on their hourly rate. Around here it's 100 bucks an hour. And since nobody has done anything like it everything quoted is double.

So yea either I'm doing it myself or it ain't going in!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 03:22 PM   #29
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well when I retrofitted the navigation in my z4 I literally had to design and create my own wiring harness using OEM connectors and wiring so it looks stock but man never again !!!

This is more plug and play but just time consuming.

Paying a shop to do it would rocket this mod to way over 3k dollars to even close to 4K depending on their hourly rate. Around here it's 100 bucks an hour. And since nobody has done anything like it everything quoted is double.

So yea either I'm doing it myself or it ain't going in!
lol completely understand man
If you do that'll be awesome!

Appreciate 0