XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

2010 BMW X6 ActiveHybrid [Spied again]

latest pics of what the x6 hybrid may look like...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-x6-hybrid-future.html
Attached Images

10-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
gnjuss
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M5

not bad,not bad at all,thanks for the pics,good find
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

sweet.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
latest pics of what the x6 hybrid may look like...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-x6-hybrid-future.html
Hey guys the top three pic's in this article are mine.I've had the opportunity present itself to work w/ Brenda Priddy on some photo's.It is a privilege and honor to get to work w/ Brenda Priddy,the preeminent car spy photographer in the World.I've seen the Hybrid X6 in all electric mode on the BMW test track.Quite a site...complete silence.Pretty hard to get use to after hearing that TTV8 rumble.Also, interesting to see the X6 Hybrid transition from all electric to full gas power...transition seems to happen at around 20-25MPH.I'll still post and be around..all my pic's won't get picked up.Thanks much! PalBay
      11-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #5
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
Hey guys the top three pic's in this article are mine.I've had the opportunity present itself to work w/ Brenda Priddy on some photo's.It is a privilege and honor to get to work w/ Brenda Priddy,the preeminent car spy photographer in the World.I've seen the Hybrid X6 in all electric mode on the BMW test track.Quite a site...complete silence.Pretty hard to get use to after hearing that TTV8 rumble.Also, interesting to see the X6 Hybrid transition from all electric to full gas power...transition seems to happen at around 20-25MPH.I'll still post and be around..all my pic's won't get picked up.Thanks much! PalBay
PalBay thanks for all the photos you take.

Any feeling for the power ? I am curious if the gas doesn't come on until 25MPH what performance will be like. Basically it comes down to is the all electric 0-25 MPH time better than the gas 0-25 MPH time and does overall 0-60 time take a hit in the transition.

I know it's a hybrid and I will be incurring the wrath of the green people by talking about hybrid and performance together and how I don't understand the purpose of hybrid's is to save the planet.
      11-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #6
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
PalBay thanks for all the photos you take.

Any feeling for the power ? I am curious if the gas doesn't come on until 25MPH what performance will be like. Basically it comes down to is the all electric 0-25 MPH time better than the gas 0-25 MPH time and does overall 0-60 time take a hit in the transition.

I know it's a hybrid and I will be incurring the wrath of the green people by talking about hybrid and performance together and how I don't understand the purpose of hybrid's is to save the planet.
I appreciate the nice comments.The Hybrid X6 has the TTV8 just like the 50i.The Hybrid X6 still roars like the 50i TTV8 when they kick it down.It's just so surreal to hear no noise at all when it's in all electric mode....your having Prius flashbacks.BMW leads everyone to think that there will be no driving/performance penalty associated w/ the Hybrid X6.But...as has been pointed out on this forum...there is 300 or so pounds of battery packs and additional hardware that goes w/ the hybrid.With as much as BMW has riding on this "first" hybrid...you can bet they are going to make it drive like a "BMW".From what I've read...most two mode hybrids have very good low speed torque...because of the "instant" response of the electric motors.I'll be following this pretty close and post any new info I get.Thanks! PalBay
      11-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Hybrid cars do have an advantage in acceleration due to the VERY high torque output from the electric motors (usually in the 1000 lb-ft range). The downside of this is that if you use the electric motors to do FAST accelerations, your battery life will suffer greatly. Nothing is for free...

I'm wondering if the X6 will have the ability to get recharged by plugging it in at home or if the only source of energy will be the break-energy regeneration and gas power...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Hybrid cars do have an advantage in acceleration due to the VERY high torque output from the electric motors (usually in the 1000 lb-ft range). The downside of this is that if you use the electric motors to do FAST accelerations, your battery life will suffer greatly. Nothing is for free...

I'm wondering if the X6 will have the ability to get recharged by plugging it in at home or if the only source of energy will be the break-energy regeneration and gas power...
I doubt it. The fact the Hybrid is in the V8 model means BMW is making it a performance mod and not MPG mod.

Lexus did the same thing. Either Hybrids can add to a cars performance or they an take away by greater fuel efficiency.

Cost wise, the X6 3.5 gas engine or diesel will be more MPG friendly than BMW hybrid attempt.
      11-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
I doubt it. The fact the Hybrid is in the V8 model means BMW is making it a performance mod and not MPG mod.

Lexus did the same thing. Either Hybrids can add to a cars performance or they an take away by greater fuel efficiency.

Cost wise, the X6 3.5 gas engine or diesel will be more MPG friendly than BMW hybrid attempt.
It all depends on your driving style. If you drive aggressively, then the hybrid will/should give you a performance boost but at the expense of your fuel economy. If you are more concerned about your fuel economy and take it easy with the accelerations, than the hybrid should give you greater mpg than the V8 only version.

The 20% increase in mpg for the hybrid version seems very optimistic...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #10
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
It all depends on your driving style. If you drive aggressively, then the hybrid will/should give you a performance boost but at the expense of your fuel economy. If you are more concerned about your fuel economy and take it easy with the accelerations, than the hybrid should give you greater mpg than the V8 only version.

I agree, from what I have seen in other Hyrbrids, expect 10-20% increase in the city. Sicne most folks drive mostly freeway, that equate really to about 5%. Coupled with the cost of the Hybrid, and the payoff becomes 5-10 years.

I would rather have a diesel.
      11-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #11
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:

I would not rule out 20% at all. Look at the Escalade Hybrid for example. The non-hybrid achieved 13 mpg in city and the hybrid version is achieving 20mpg in city. No reason to think that the BMW hybrid cannot achieve 3-4mpg in city. I would think this may be conservative. The X6 50i sucks the most gas at immediate start up from red lights and I think if it used electric engine up to 30mph this could greatly improve fuel economy. I have also noticed how much gas is used when my X6 is just sitting in the driveway in park for 5-10 minutes. I have seen mpg go from 14 to about 12.5 just sitting in the driveway for 5-10 minutes. If it was hybrid it would not have burned any gas.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #12
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep

New Color-Hybrid X6

New pic's via LeftLaneNews.I'm certain this is the launch color for the Hybrid.Will be offered in only one color...this shade of Blue.Almost an exact match of the color used on the Concept X6 Hybrid.Thanks! PalBay http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-x6-hybrid-future.html