XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
DMCab
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW X6 35i

Floor Mats - All-Weather Floor liner

Anyone notice that the slots for the floor grips on the all-weather rubber mats and all-weather floor liner do not align to the slots on the floor board of the X6?

This isn't an issue with the all-weather rubber mats b/c they are rubber; however, if you have the all-weather floor liners, there is more cause for concern (minor concern) because the mats don't lie intact. Just a small difference...BMW assumes all X5 interior accessories will work for the X6.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
apollner
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6

Yes, I have both rubber floor mats and rubber floor liners. None work well for the driver's side.

The rubber floor mat has the hole in the wrong place, so I currently have it secured to just one anchor which gets it out of alignment and creeping up the gas pedal frequently.

The rubber floor liner doesn't seem to even fit properly, so I haven't had a chance to use it.

I told my service manager about it who was going to tell the parts manager about it. It clearly looks like the 3rd party company who makes them thought X5 and X6 have same dimensions. Not so!

One possible fix which I've decided not to do is to create another hole in the carpet beside the one that exists for the rubber floor mat. The mat should be what's corrected, not the car.

Best to contact the parts Manager so that they are aware and do something about it.

ANDREW
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

I don't know why you guys bother about details like this. .My mat (driver side) it's all over the foot place (long feet, trouble when in/out of car) and couldn't care less about. .what holes and anchors. . just pull the damn thing when over pedals. .or dump the mat in the trunk if I got my disco shoes and the mat is full of mud (and didn't have time to clean it).
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 03:38 AM   #4
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

The Matter with Mats is Mad!

Part of teething pains. In their haste to launch the vehicle,
Parts /accessories department have not "tailored" the proper dimensions for mat production. But production dept. was not going to stand around waiting...
Also, they forgot to have cutouts for the adjustable tie down loops in the luggage compartm't tray. u have to choose 1 over the other!
So, while the car with adaptive drive, has anti roll suspension, your Black Forest Ham can rock & roll with the Christmas turkey in the luggage comp't , while u put DPC thru the paces & the knee pads upfront to good use!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
apollner
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
I don't know why you guys bother about details like this. .My mat (driver side) it's all over the foot place (long feet, trouble when in/out of car) and couldn't care less about. .what holes and anchors. . just pull the damn thing when over pedals. .or dump the mat in the trunk if I got my disco shoes and the mat is full of mud (and didn't have time to clean it).
Actually, on each of my past BMWs (650i, M5, 540i), the mats were all well anchored and the difference it made was that you didn't notice it! The sliding all over the place you describe is not the norm and you shouldn't settle for this in BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

mat matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCab View Post
Anyone notice that the slots for the floor grips on the all-weather rubber mats and all-weather floor liner do not align to the slots on the floor board of the X6?

This isn't an issue with the all-weather rubber mats b/c they are rubber; however, if you have the all-weather floor liners, there is more cause for concern (minor concern) because the mats don't lie intact. Just a small difference...BMW assumes all X5 interior accessories will work for the X6.
My all weather rubber mats have velcro fasteners.
The velcro hook discs screws into the carpet floor, so u can place it where u'd prefer.
Wish the mat size was just a little bigger to catch all the snow from winter boots.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollner View Post
Actually, on each of my past BMWs (650i, M5, 540i), the mats were all well anchored and the difference it made was that you didn't notice it! The sliding all over the place you describe is not the norm and you shouldn't settle for this in BMW.
Fair answer. .never had a BMW before. . So your attention to that detail is justified.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
Puttputtmaru
Rep
Drives: X6 35i vermilion and Mini S

I ordered mine from Weather tech Automotives the floor liner type. My other cars are all fitted with it and they are great having a rim to prevent water from getting to your carpet.

They just don't have BMW logo on them
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #9
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
I do have the Weather Tech floor liners and they fit pretty close, the driver side has a small issue regarding the anchors, so you just have to make new holes in the factory mats, no big deal.
The most important issue is that you have to make a small cut on the rubber behind the gas pedal, if you dont do so, the kick-down button will not work because the rubber gets between the pedal and the button and doesnt allow you to fully accelerate...!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #10
Kojak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i M-Sport

I slapped some velcro on the back of mine and they haven't moved since! Took me about 30 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #11
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Damn! I need to put those attach things on my mats cause I am fed up with the mat getting over the gas pedal everytime I get into the car.
Appreciate 0