XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-09-2017, 11:48 AM   #23
vioilio
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecastle View Post
All I can say is that atp-205 worked great on my n62 which has he same valve stem seals as the n63/s63. Mine smoked like a mofo, and I added it and smoking was totally gone for the 10k miles I kept the car. So it worked for me. I experimented with different fixes before trying this one and others worked but were not as good as this product.

Since he seals are all the same on BMW v8s I'd suspect it will work fine on the s63. Which i may be finding out. As I just dropped mine off at the dealer for smoking....... but this one is not showing any of the symptoms my n62 had. The m smoked after a full throttle pull and you let off the gas to idle. Hoping it's a bad pcv or turbo seal.
sounds like a turbo seal
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #24
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

I ordered some yesterday, I just wish I could have used it during my road trip from Hollywood to Seattle to really let it soak in vs my 30 min daily commute.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 07:06 PM   #25
bad///Mechanic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
All I can say is that atp-205 worked great on my n62 which has he same valve stem seals as the n63/s63. Mine smoked like a mofo, and I added it and smoking was totally gone for the 10k miles I kept the car. So it worked for me. I experimented with different fixes before trying this one and others worked but were not as good as this product.

Since he seals are all the same on BMW v8s I'd suspect it will work fine on the s63. Which i may be finding out. As I just dropped mine off at the dealer for smoking....... but this one is not showing any of the symptoms my n62 had. The m smoked after a full throttle pull and you let off the gas to idle. Hoping it's a bad pcv or turbo seal.
Old thread but new member looking for answers and ending up with even more questions to ask!

Had anybody else used a seal reviver like AT-205 on an S63 with success (or failure)? Mine smokes a bit and I'm considering doing this. Looking to learn from others' experiences, good or bad.

b///M
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 03:10 PM   #26
XRatedM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' X5M - 19' VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad///Mechanic View Post
Old thread but new member looking for answers and ending up with even more questions to ask!

Had anybody else used a seal reviver like AT-205 on an S63 with success (or failure)? Mine smokes a bit and I'm considering doing this. Looking to learn from others' experiences, good or bad.

b///M
I have used AT205 on a S63 and blue smoke after long idle disappeared. If you're having a similar issue I'd suggest to use it and it should take about 5 hours of driving for it to work. I used the whole bottle.

Thanks
      04-07-2022, 08:34 PM   #27
bad///Mechanic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRatedM View Post
I have used AT205 on a S63 and blue smoke after long idle disappeared. If you're having a similar issue I'd suggest to use it and it should take about 5 hours of driving for it to work. I used the whole bottle.

Thanks
Awesome.

b///M
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 02:23 PM   #28
APricem6
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 Bow M5

Quote:

Do you just add the ATF-205 to where you add the oil?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 11:59 AM   #29
Daytonawim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 LCI 3.5i 2012

It could work for a while. Nice I you wanna sell a non smoking car, but keeping the car with no smoke will result in solving the problem in time.
Appreciate 0