XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
rios0311
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6 ActiveHybrid

Mysterious Rattle Fixed

I have been hearing a weird rattle coming from somewhere around the top of the windshield. I checked the headliner, the mirror, the camera, the map light housing and the sun visors and could not find it.

This weekend I realized that the rattle was actually coming from the hood. The hood has 4 adjustable "bumpers" that can be hand-turned to make the hood tight against the body. Two are around the outer edges of the kidney grilles and the other two are further up top. Took a few tries, but my hood is nice and tight. The rattle is gone.

You'll know your hood is rattling if you can lightly bang on it with your hand (near the BMW badge) and it rattles. Also try lightly banging (or rapping) around the outer edges of the kidneys.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Jess///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M

Good info --Thanks! Any rattles I hear usually appear to come from the console area. Not sure if I've experienced the hood / windshield effects, though.
Appreciate 0