XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
bairen
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 5.0

Arrow Recommendations on strollers that fit behind the 3rd row?

I have a 2012 X5 w/ 3rd row -- and I'll need to be able to put a stroller back there... Any advice on anything that can fit back there?

(I'm also considering only raising one of the 2 seats in the 3rd row, if that'l help -- since I'll only need to cart around 6 ppl)

background -- Normally, my family is 3 ppl (with another little one on the way), though I'll be hosting in-laws from China for about 10 moths. The x5 with the 3rd row seat seemed like the best option (x5 50i), considering I can't deal with driving a minivan.

thx!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
RichB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 e90

I remember those days.....Sounds like you need a baby car seat/stroller combo for an infant. Those strollers are typically huge. I doubt it will fit behind the 3rd row in the X5, but you could try standing on its side. Otherwise a simple Maclaren umbrella stroller should fit behind the 3rd row.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 02:08 AM   #3
JKM320
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

I do this all the time. We have a frame stroller that the carseat sits in. See example below...

Fits perfectly behind the 3rd row. and if you have other bags/items, just put them in first then the stroller on top.

We also do the 1 seat up - 1 seat down 3rd row setup if we only need to seat 6. That provides wayyyy more room.

Keep in mind, what I am suggesting is for infant size only I believe. When we move to our bigger stroller, we will probably be limited for sure to just 6 seats.

Good luck!

My stroller model below:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0