XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
buckeyewalt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

Dinan Tune

New to the board here guys,,,reading all of the posts about the Dinan tune. Thre majority of what I saw written was tunes already installed,,,curious,,how do the tunes work after several months?? Still the same or a drop off in power?? I am still on the bubble,,,I have a 2011 50i not leased and plan on keeping it for a while. I do know that the milage decrease is related to how heavu you are with your foot, but what are you guys looking at as far as a milage drop......finally, do they (Dinan) ever run promotions or specials???? Living in west Tennessee,,,I really don't have the facilities that some of you guys have (dyno, installers, etc) so I am trying to get the best bang for my buck...any suggestions are welcome.......THANKS
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep
Drives: fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt View Post
New to the board here guys,,,reading all of the posts about the Dinan tune. Thre majority of what I saw written was tunes already installed,,,curious,,how do the tunes work after several months?? Still the same or a drop off in power?? I am still on the bubble,,,I have a 2011 50i not leased and plan on keeping it for a while. I do know that the milage decrease is related to how heavu you are with your foot, but what are you guys looking at as far as a milage drop......finally, do they (Dinan) ever run promotions or specials???? Living in west Tennessee,,,I really don't have the facilities that some of you guys have (dyno, installers, etc) so I am trying to get the best bang for my buck...any suggestions are welcome.......THANKS
the dinan shit is all top quality and if ur warranty is an issue to you then dinan is ur only option as far as tunes go, but they are also the most expensive obv and u will get better performance from other less expensive tunes. so as far as "bang for ur buck" dinan isnt that,but it is quality stuff.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
buckeyewalt
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff Grissel View Post
the dinan shit is all top quality and if ur warranty is an issue to you then dinan is ur only option as far as tunes go, but they are also the most expensive obv and u will get better performance from other less expensive tunes. so as far as "bang for ur buck" dinan isnt that,but it is quality stuff.
Biff,,,Thanks for the reply,,,I guess when I say "bang for the buck",,,I know you can get other tunes (oe, and Eurocharged to name a few), my previous car was a AMG (E63) and it had a Eurocharge tune and it was great>> I guess what I want,, is a very good tune,,safe,,,reliable,,,at a reasonable cost,,if it's Dinan,,so be it. I have seen the hp numbers on Dinan and they are better than anyone else,,,that being said,,is it factual,,,if you know what I mean..........
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M

I've ran my dinan tune against people running cheaper tunes and let me tell u that stated gains don't mean a thing. I pulled harder then them. So as far as bang for ur buck all I have to say is u get what u pay for. The only other tune I would consider is renntech
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
buckeyewalt
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmoneyLI View Post
I've ran my dinan tune against people running cheaper tunes and let me tell u that stated gains don't mean a thing. I pulled harder then them. So as far as bang for ur buck all I have to say is u get what u pay for. The only other tune I would consider is renntech
Your M is stout in the first place,,,nice that a tune makes a difference,,,because if it works for you,,then my lowly 50i would be close to where you were originally...........by the way,,,did the tune erace any of your codes,,,??? I have read here where if you tune,,your codes will be erased.....
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmoneyLI View Post
Your M is stout in the first place,,,nice that a tune makes a difference,,,because if it works for you,,then my lowly 50i would be close to where you were originally...........by the way,,,did the tune erace any of your codes,,,??? I have read here where if you tune,,your codes will be erased.....
I got it tuned before I took delivery so I can't answer that question.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep

Quote:
no coding issues with dinan here.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
buckeyewalt
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
no coding issues with dinan here.
Good to hear that,,,,,,,well it looks like a tune is coming up in the next few weeks,,(winter still here),,,hopefully by then Dinan will have a special going on!!!....
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good to hear that,,,,,,,well it looks like a tune is coming up in the next few weeks,,(winter still here),,,hopefully by then Dinan will have a special going on!!!....
i would advise u to talk to a few local shops in ur area or if u have a service tech or advisor ur close with they should be able to hook u up with up to 50% off if they have any pull with dinan or are eligible for certain perks ...just a heads up.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #10
buckeyewalt
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
i would advise u to talk to a few local shops in ur area or if u have a service tech or advisor ur close with they should be able to hook u up with up to 50% off if they have any pull with dinan or are eligible for certain perks ...just a heads up.
The only Dinan dealer close by is in Nashville,,,,,and I really don't have a working relationship with him (my first Bimmer)...I'll go and see what he can or is willing to do,,,,Thanks for "heads-up"..!!
Appreciate 0