XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
Tacn It
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i E92 - 09 x5 4.8

Help finding exhaust for new purchase .

Hello all, just picked up a fully loaded 2009 4.8 x5 and am trying to find any good reviews ,comparisons,or suggestions for exhaust. Was looking for a proformence upgrade, headers and exhaust ( no drone)and possibly a CAI. Been seaching and cant find any good info, thanks for any feedback.
335i | ZSP | 6MT |bmw short shifter| DIANAN STG.II w/JB4 |Quaife-3.46|AMS intercooler|BT OCC|AR Oil cooler|Forge dv's| Injen Intake |AR catless DP'S| AE dual catless exhaust|Bilstein PSS10's | M3 suspension bits | 19" Volk TE37 Toyko Time Attacks|
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
finagle69
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 X5 4.8i

Unfortunately, what you've done to your 335, just can't be done to your X5. There aren't nearly as many options for aftermarket performance parts for it.

Exhaust options, you can get one of the X5M exhausts, as I believe they'll fit. Or you can go the custom route with some magnaflow mufflers and tips, which would be a cut and weld job.

There are no CAI's out for the X5, only some drop in filters from AFE. I don't believe there are any aftermarket downpipes either, catless or otherwise.

I'm used to having tons of options from my previous car.... just not so with the X5. Hell, most of the X5 drivers think "upgraded wheels" means buying a different style of OEM BMW wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Tacn It
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finagle69 View Post
Hell, most of the X5 drivers think "upgraded wheels" means buying a different style of OEM BMW wheels.
LOL.

That sucks there is not much out there, the magaflows do sound nice but i was reading they tend to drone, and the other exhaust options i have been seeing is for basicly $2000+ doller mufflers, not even full pipe set up.
Im surpised there is not alot more out there seeing how much potental there is in this engine. I geuss i will just have to wait for ESS supercharger that is coimg out, but dam even then I still need to find a upgraded exhuast. Thanks for your input.
335i | ZSP | 6MT |bmw short shifter| DIANAN STG.II w/JB4 |Quaife-3.46|AMS intercooler|BT OCC|AR Oil cooler|Forge dv's| Injen Intake |AR catless DP'S| AE dual catless exhaust|Bilstein PSS10's | M3 suspension bits | 19" Volk TE37 Toyko Time Attacks|
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Tacn It
Private
United_States
Rep

Does any one have any feedback/reviews/proformace#'s on any of the exhaust?(AC Schnitzer, Magnaflow, Remus, Eisenmann Race, Supersprint,Meisterschaft) Has any one installed ESS flash proformance hardware yet?

Last edited by Tacn It; 02-15-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 0