XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Thumbs up 2009 Bmw X5 and X6 models recalled due to rear brake discs problem

I recall reading this from a website a couple of weeks ago, just wanted to know if anyone knows about it ? My car has only 12000Kms on the odometer no problems so far, but it will be good for all of us to follow this issue (maybe we can get free rotors soon.......)
Please read the following text copied and pasted:
Fast on the heels of its announcement to recall its 1-Series and 3-Series MY2008, BMW has issued three more recall notices; this time for theBMW X5 and X6 model year 2009 and the R1200 RT motorbike MY 2007-2009. Issues with the braking system were cited.
According to the official notice posted on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website, “The rear brake discs may not have been manufactured according to specifications. As a result, a reduction in braking performance at the affected rear wheel could occur.” NHTSA explained that in an extreme case, a crash could result if the affected rear brake disc breaks leading to the loss of braking at the wheel and increasing stopping distance.
Appreciate 0