XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #1
wcugrad95
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5

2013 X5 - diesel or gas, 3rd row or not?

Sorry - I created this in the wrong spot but don't see a way to either move or delete the thread. This should be in the X5 Forum...

Longtime lurker who is now finally in the market and am working out deals on a 2013 X5 35i or d. I have read many posts (and other sites) about the gas versus diesel debate. If I was going to be the full-time driver I would go diesel, but my wife will drive the car more than 1/2 the time so that will mean lots of short stop-and-start trips around town with the kids. Not ruling the diesel out, but that is why I am also looking at the 35i.

My more pressing issue is the need (or not) for the 3rd row. I certainly would like to have it for emergencies, to haul extra teenagers to stuff, etc. But because I am not having a ton of luck finding one that fits all my criteria (the 3rd row is generally what I can't find) my question is how would 3 teenagers or even adults fair on a multi-hour road trip across the backseat? I know it is doable, but we have progressed from a Honda Odyssey (great car if you have 3 small kids like we did), to a Honda Pilot (another great car as you are stepping up and out of minivan-dom), and are now looking to reward ourselves with a luxury/driving machine. The X5 is definitely the car/SUV/truck we want to buy, but trying to figure out how important the 3rd row really needs to be for me.

Last edited by wcugrad95; 11-21-2017 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: Need to move to a different forum
Appreciate 0