XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #1
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Looking to buy X5d

Hi all,

I am currently looking to purchase 2012 x5d (e70) with 50k miles for 27 out of the door. Vehicle has no warranty on it, and I don't want to spend additional $4k on buying an aftermarket one, so most work would be DIY.

From my research it seems like the engine and transmission are rather solid and the only issue is the carbon buildup. CBU cleaning is from 700 to 2000, right?

What else should I look for? Transfercase? How do I know if the car has a CBU issue right now?

Also, if you have any advice on what to look for / what are weak points for this vehicle, please chime in. It appears loaded - it has sport package, but does not have sport suspension - I don't like the way it tends to handle. Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the bounce and make it handle better?

Side note: I placed a deposit on the vehicle, but have until Tuesday night to make decision if I want it. I also drove new x5 (f15) and I liked it, but the steering felt kind of numb. Drove MB GLS (very impressed with it), GLE (ex-ML), new Audi Q7, VW Touareg.

Should I even bother with this vehicle? Maybe just get the new x5 (f15) or something else?

Thanks
Appreciate 0