XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-31-2024, 03:41 PM   #45
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
Honestly, no it isn't to me. It's a roadster. It's meant to mimic a sports car, but at slower speeds. That's not necessarily a bad thing, carsike that are a lot of fun without a lot of risk. But they're not sports cars to me.
lol
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 03:43 PM   #46
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisanoblueZ4 View Post
All about perspective, as someone who likes small cars this QX80 isn’t for you, it clearly has a market as Infiniti sells these at a good clip.

Is a Miata worth 40k new? Absolutely not, it’s overpriced for a car, it’s cramped and serves very limited functionality other then being a fun weekend toy.

Not hating on the Miata as I’ve owned one and now have a Z4, but we have no legs to stand on when saying a large SUV is overpriced or a waste of space…..the Goldilocks car size is sedanish and not of either end of size spectrum but that would be a boring world.
lol what? The Miata is not the only car in my household. Is my Hellcat small too? smh Don't pretend to know what I am thinking.

Not sure what a $0k Miata has to do w/this SUV. You seem to have something against Miatas. Did a guy with a Miata steal your girl? Good day
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 04:26 PM   #47
MisanoblueZ4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
lol what? The Miata is not the only car in my household. Is my Hellcat small too? smh Don't pretend to know what I am thinking.

Not sure what a $0k Miata has to do w/this SUV. You seem to have something against Miatas. Did a guy with a Miata steal your girl? Good day
Clearly you didn’t understand what the point was. You said it’s “Great another giant overpriced SUV”
In the luxury market a 100k SUV is now the going rate.

To put it in perspective

If a Miata is now a 40k car new (yes, loaded RF’s are touching 40k)….whats that say about small roadsters with very limited use…wouldn’t that make the Miata overpriced? The Miata is a tiny car with limited use but is nearly 1/2 the cost of an (entry) level QX80.

While you think the QX80 is “overpriced” in the market it plays in, that is average….all I’m saying.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 04:38 PM   #48
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisanoblueZ4 View Post
Clearly you didn’t understand what the point was. You said it’s “Great another giant overpriced SUV”
In the luxury market a 100k SUV is now the going rate.
That does not mean it is not overpriced. ALL new car pricing is out of control. If you say no, you are a millionaire and/or out of touch with reality.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 05:20 PM   #49
MisanoblueZ4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
That does not mean it is not overpriced. ALL new car pricing is out of control. If you say no, you are a millionaire and/or out of touch with reality.
Better description is to say all car pricing has gotten more expensive, which I will agree with.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 12:29 AM   #50
/ / / M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

"Infiniti" badge on the back of the truck is a bit small. May not be able to see it from another state.
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1083.50
      04-01-2024, 03:08 AM   #51
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75

Looks good, they will sell well for a while.
But, it's a Nissan, big de ninguna manera en el infierno
      04-02-2024, 07:00 AM   #52
keg97
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

The current QX80 has sold well recently b/c its pricing sits lower than the Escalade and Navigator. When we looked a few years ago, it was comparable to a Denali. I doubt Infiniti execs want their flagship SUV compared to a mid-grade GM line. Then again it's feature set was lacking and you could see the direct lineage to the fact it had not been revamped since 2010. Thus people could drive a "luxury" SUV for price significantly lower than the real big dogs of the market.

Infiniti is clearly trying to climb right into the Escalade/Navigator/RR market with the pricing. It's been said earlier on this thread that Infiniti really needs a marquee defining product that changes its current trajectory.
Appreciate 0