E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Need advice on a dealership issue!!

10-29-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
MrMushu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i sedan

Need advice on a dealership issue!!

So, in the past month or so (August- September) I was having some really bad waste gate rattle. I put my car in the air and noticed both turbos were also leaking oil. My car is an 07' 335i manual and had 55k on it at this time and I also purchased a copo extended warranty. Made an appointment to have my car looked at and they replaced both turbos and waste gates... No issue what so ever.

I was also having some irratic idle issues and from time to time some throw out bearing noise. Which they said they never experienced.

I got the car back within a week and it was running really, really strong and I was loving it! 4 days after I got my car back I lost all of my coolant on the way to work. I was 2 miles away from my house so I waited at a convenience store a bit and drove it home and immediately called the service advisor. He told me to have it towed to the dealership. Before I did I put the car on jackstands and tried to find my coolant issue. I did, the tech forgot to tighten a hose clamp on the thermostat and it came off. I also found the heat shield (downpipe) that was bent in between the subframe and steering stabilizer (rubber boot). Which really, really pissed me off!

So, I got the car towed... They had a loaner waiting for me and I was on my way.

They had the car accessed and fixed the next day and said there were no I'll effects from losing the coolant.

I pick my car up and I notice it's very sluggish and it feels like its starving for fuel or something. I think it may be because I have my stock intake box on. I put my intakes on and its still running like crap.

I spoke with a tech that also works there and he's meeting me tomorrow at my house to see what's really going on.

Could loosing the coolant really damaged the engine? I was told they were not like m52/ m54's and that since it didn't really over heat then it would be okay.

What should I do??

Last edited by MrMushu; 10-29-2014 at 09:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
msjulesy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Any things possible, imo. There's a lot that's happened in your situation, so I would give the technician a chance investigate thoroughly and diagnose it correctly.
Appreciate 0