XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

02-24-2018, 05:43 AM   #23
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Cool

I drive my Ferrari ALl the time......
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #24
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Srsly? You know it's VCR, right? Just a freak snowstorm, never heard of them getting any snow, always mild there but Now he needs to get winters to get your stamp of approval?

So much hate/envy. Lmao.
How is that hate or envy?? I think you are reaching pretty hard there. I never said anyone needed or cared about my approval (the beauty of forums), but I'm not gonna give thumbs up to someone who can clearly afford the appropriate winter equipment for their *daily driven* car but chooses not to..

Winter tires aren't just for snow anyways. PSS, PS4S, etc. shouldn't be used in sub 40ish conditions. The difference is very noticeable in cold wet conditions and even cold dry conditions.

And "freak snowstorm"...Yea I'm sure none of the weather forecasts hinted at the possibility of snow. Guess the meteorologists down here in Seattle are better?

Last edited by Bartledoo; 02-24-2018 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 02:04 PM   #25
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Srsly? You know it's VCR, right? Just a freak snowstorm, never heard of them getting any snow, always mild there but Now he needs to get winters to get your stamp of approval?

So much hate/envy. Lmao.
Actually, we usually get snow a couple of times a year and at least once heavily. It was unusual from 2010 to 2015 that our winters were so mild. There's no excuse for not being prepared for winter driving in Vancouver unless you're prepared to park your car.

I remember learning to drive in the snow with RWD and no nannies ... it's one reason why I think everyone should have to learn to drive with a standard transmission, it just builds far more understanding of how to actually control your car.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 02:50 PM   #26
Canuckles
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MW 2016 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Actually, we usually get snow a couple of times a year and at least once heavily. It was unusual from 2010 to 2015 that our winters were so mild. There's no excuse for not being prepared for winter driving in Vancouver unless you're prepared to park your car.

I remember learning to drive in the snow with RWD and no nannies ... it's one reason why I think everyone should have to learn to drive with a standard transmission, it just builds far more understanding of how to actually control your car.
Agreed on moving up to an auto. Make people understand how their vehicle works and then they may have a better understanding of how to drive the damn thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #27
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteckba View Post
How is that hate or envy?? I think you are reaching pretty hard there. I never said anyone needed or cared about my approval (the beauty of forums), but I'm not gonna give thumbs up to someone who can clearly afford the appropriate winter equipment for their *daily driven* car but chooses not to..

Winter tires aren't just for snow anyways. PSS, PS4S, etc. shouldn't be used in sub 40ish conditions. The difference is very noticeable in cold wet conditions and even cold dry conditions.

And "freak snowstorm"...Yea I'm sure none of the weather forecasts hinted at the possibility of snow. Guess the meteorologists down here in Seattle are better?
We're talking about the Ferrari, right? How do you know what tires it has...? Anyway, who cares if they dd or not...It's good they do vs garaging them, that's basically what I'm saying.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 06:40 PM   #28
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post

Tx, I'm more talking about at least they DD it. Ofc not defending the Lamborghini.
Appreciate 0